PDA

View Full Version : Paul Lyman

Paul Lyman
04-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I am a new inspector to this site but a 22 year veteran in the field with over 6000 inspections under my belt.

I have a question which has been nagging me for years and I hope to get other opinions on it:
What is the generaly consensus on the use of unlisted breakers in an electrical panel. Unlisted breakers are those not listed on the manufacturers label and more specific: breakers from other manufacturers. I have had countless opinions from all parties including electricians, building officials and code officials. I know that all panels have a label that specifically states the use of other than the listed breakers voids the warranty. I am curious whether the manufacturing of breakers varies to the point where the breaker tabs would not lock onto another manufacturers buss correctly.
Any thoughts?

Jerry Peck
06-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Paul,

Did we all miss that post for that long? Since April 4th?

Wow!

Welcome to the forum, and sorry about missing that post.

While some will disagree with Robert, I agree with him.

Thom Walker
06-28-2007, 05:31 AM
Paul,
Hope you're still here. Ditto on above. Interestingly, I don't remember ever hearing any litigation stories on this particular issue.

Scott Patterson
06-28-2007, 07:47 AM
I think we all missed that post by Paul. His last visit was April 19, 2007!

Sorry and Welcome, hope you come back!

Erby Crofutt
06-29-2007, 06:46 PM
To late tonight for me to call and I chose to inspect tomorrow, but here's his contact info.

Maybe someone would call him and ask him back.

Hard to believe we ALL missed a post for 2 months.

Advanced Property Investigation
Paul Lyman
6 Iroquois Avenue
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Website: (Advanced Property Investigation - Essex Junction, VT) Home (http://apivt.com/home/)
No e-mail.

802. 879. 3117