PDA

View Full Version : Routing of Neutral wires in panel

Fidel Gonzales
05-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Saw this the other day. Neutral wires running under the fuse tracks. Is this OK?. See lower right corner of picture. Thank you in advance for any guidance

Jim Port
05-04-2012, 08:13 AM
That is the mounting rail for the breaker foot. You do not have fuses in that panel.

As long as the conductors doe not interfere with the breaker mounting there should be no issues.

Fidel Gonzales
05-04-2012, 09:08 AM
That is the mounting rail for the breaker foot. You do not have fuses in that panel.

As long as the conductors doe not interfere with the breaker mounting there should be no issues.

Thank you for your quick response. This is very helpful.

Robert Meier
05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Looks OK, overall somewhat sloppy but code compliant.

Speedy Petey
05-04-2012, 01:50 PM
That is a Cutler-Hammer BR series panel.
That is exactly how I do it. There is a nice "channel" of sorts there where the neutrals can be neatly routed out of the way.

Fidel Gonzales
05-04-2012, 03:45 PM
That is exactly how I do it. There is a nice "channel" of sorts there where the neutrals can be neatly routed out of the way.

Thank so much for your expertise and quick responses. It looked good to me too. But I not and expert on electrical codes. I just wanted to be sure.

Best regards..

Fidel Gonzales
05-04-2012, 03:46 PM

It looked good to me too. But I not and expert on electrical codes. I just wanted to be sure. Thank you so much.

Egbert Jager
05-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, how is that panel fastned in place? All the apparent fastening locations appear to be unused.

Robert Meier
05-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, how is that panel fastned in place? All the apparent fastening locations appear to be unused.

Since it mounted within a wall I would guess that it's attached to the studs with fasteners on the sides.

Egbert Jager
05-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Since it mounted within a wall I would guess that it's attached to the studs with fasteners on the sides.

I'm so accustomed to seeing a panel surface mounted and all the wires feeding in from the sides I missed the obvious!! :o

Thanks!
Gonna go grab that coffee now and see if that helps clear the cobwebs