PDA

View Full Version : Who should we fire first?

Todd Edly
05-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Gas line shut off next to outlet that is missing cover plate for stove....

Speedy Petey
05-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Other than the missing plate (extremely minor issue), what's the problem?

Who are you looking to have fired?

Billy Stephens
05-21-2012, 05:24 PM
I Vote for The Painter. :(

Speedy Petey
05-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I Vote for The Painter. :(
.:D :D I agree.

Gunnar Alquist
05-21-2012, 06:17 PM
The correct answer would be the original poster. The correct wording would be "Whom should we fire first?"
:cool:

Todd Edly
05-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Not looking to have anyone fired. I guess I need to learnith my English first.:D

Steven Saville
05-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Gas line shut off next to outlet that is missing cover plate for stove....

Forget the missing plate. I see a much more dangerous situation -- Hard to tell from the picture but do I see a 1/2" nipple screwed into a 3/4" nipple or pipe? Look closely at the threads on both nipples/pipe. It sure doesn't look right! Definitely not a 3/4" x 1/2" bushing.

Billy Stephens
05-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Forget the missing plate. I see a much more dangerous situation -- Hard to tell from the picture but do I see a 1/2" nipple screwed into a 3/4" nipple or pipe? Look closely at the threads on both nipples/pipe. It sure doesn't look right! Definitely not a 3/4" x 1/2" bushing.
Ye ow! :eek:

Looks like Male in Male Connection.

* Does The President Approve of this type of Gas Coupling? :rolleyes:
** Todd don't let The Preposition Police Get to you. ( Gunman can't hep himself.) ;)

Kristi Silber
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
The correct answer would be the original poster. The correct wording would be "Whom should we fire first?"
:cool:

Thank you! You made me laugh. I needed that.

("preposition"?!)

H.G. Watson, Sr.
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Since its a toss-up between the plaster skimmer and the gas-fitter/plumber Safety tips the scale and I'd say the gasfitter/plumber (however from the looks of things there hasn't been any gasfitting/plumbing tinkering going on in a long while.)

Probably all the same party - looks like typical flip work.

Robert Meier
05-21-2012, 10:48 PM

Seems to be the only issue. That and the receptacle installed ground up.:rolleyes:

Just kidding. :)

Garry Sorrells
05-22-2012, 03:42 AM
Seems to be the only issue. That and the receptacle installed ground up.:rolleyes:

Just kidding. :)

Not ground up if you are lying on your back to install receptacle. It is all about perception and orientation.

Rollie Meyers
05-22-2012, 05:58 AM
There are 1/2" IPS female X 3/4" ips male adapters, mostly flare fitting adapters for gas flex, w/ the limited info in the picture no intelligent conclusion can be made.

Jim Port
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM

Guess you were too young to see this on the news?

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkXGNjHv9mm8AefO7h-_vsOoHBP-tiTjB5vdfwvNjWwWF3c2taFA

Look closely at the tower and you can just see the receptacle near the top.

Billy Stephens
05-22-2012, 06:36 PM
There are 1/2" IPS female X 3/4" ips male adapters, mostly flare fitting adapters for gas flex, w/ the limited info in the picture no intelligent conclusion can be made.
Gosh Rollie is the op photo flex ?

What was on the Market this time frame in Black Pipe that would even remotely make this an approved connection ?

Rollie Meyers
05-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Gosh Rollie is the op photo flex ?

What was on the Market this time frame in Black Pipe that would even remotely make this an approved connection ?

Until we see what is on the other side of the plastic at the top of the photo, a proper answer cannot be given, it is WAG until then.:p

H.G. Watson, Sr.
05-22-2012, 09:05 PM

Look closer. Start by looking at the binding terminals. When you note whats wrong there at that level of magnification, explore further.:)

Robert Meier
05-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Look closer. Start by looking at the binding terminals. When you note whats wrong there at that level of magnification, explore further.:)

Guess we all missed that one.;)

Billy Stephens
05-23-2012, 05:45 AM
Until we see what is on the other side of the plastic at the top of the photo, a proper answer cannot be given, it is WAG until then.:p
Here Ya Go.:rolleyes:

Rollie Meyers
05-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Here Ya Go.:rolleyes:

My point exactly, a WAG.