PDA

View Full Version : Florida Licensing Bill - Final

Deleted Account
09-09-2007, 08:51 PM
The thing stinks so bad I had to deposit it here (http://www.nachi.org/documents/FLlicense.pdf). :D

Remember to flush twice when you are done reading it. :)

Bronson Beisel
09-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Sounds like someone from the Department of Redundancy Department wrote that piece. :)

Randy Aldering
09-15-2007, 07:39 PM
It looks like somebody went through the garbage in Lansing, Michigan, and pulled out what MichAHI succeeded in getting pulled just last year. Are these people Borg? Do they all plug in to the same machine and spit this stuff out? Good grief.

S. Taylor
09-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Like it or not- we ALL in Florida have to deal with it. For those interested, FLASHI is hosting it's annual educational conference next weekend at World Golf Village. The Keynote speaker is State Rep. Wise. He sponsored the bill that is now law. It should be very interesting to hear what he has to say. Also, Larry Cerro- an inspector from Tallahassee will be presenting a class on how to comply with the new law. We also have Joe Burkeson and Greg Bell presenting their ICC Bootcamp prep class for the ICC certification exams. Gerry Beaumont will be there to present a class on modular home inspections and will provide a proctored exam at the end. Mark Cramer will also be there presenting relevant classes as well. Hopefully, when the state figures out what they are doing, ALL of these classes will be approved for continuing education that can be counted towards compliance with the new law. For more information and/or to register, please visit Flashi.org (http://www.flashi.org). I hope to meet many new people there and put faces to names.

Mitchell Captain
09-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Who cares what State Rep. Wise has to say. It is obvious by the bill that he knows nothing about our profession. This bill is a disgrace.

Captain

S. Taylor
09-16-2007, 11:15 AM
1.I care what he has to say. 2. That may be true. 3.Yes- it is.
I believe we have a lot to learn from him with what he has to say and maybe he can learn from us. The real power grab starts now to revise and shape the law before July 2010. There will be many organizations trying to gain influence over our legislators to influence the final details. You've heard the saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

Deleted Account
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Who cares what State Rep. Wise has to say. It is obvious by the bill that he knows nothing about our profession. This bill is a disgrace.

Captain

The bill will obviously be amended prior to it's effective date of 2010. Once educated, who better than it's author (State Rep. Wise) to help straighten out the mess he has helped to cause.

This year's FLASHI event has all the earmarkings of being memorable, don't miss it.

Mitchell Captain
10-03-2007, 04:33 AM
Does anybody have an update on the FLASHI conference?

Captain

Mitchell Captain
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Does anybody have an update on the FLASHI conference?

Captain

I guess nobody showed up.

Captain

S. Taylor
10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
The conference went well. All who attended had a great time and had the oppurtunity to obtain 13 hours of continuing ed. Senator Wise spoke at the opening session to a full room. We learned that this issue is not over. The final law will likely look nothing like the current bill that was passed. He encouraged all inspectors to voice their opinions now to help shape the final bill. He expects to present a "glitch" bill to correct/modify the current bill. With that said, NOW is the time to get involved. I believe that He also stated that a "Sunshine Study" was not completed for the current bill. There are some that believe that the lack of the sunshine study may expose the current law to a viable challenge. Either way, NOW IS THE TIME TO GET INVOLVED.