PDA

View Full Version : what is this siding?

Peter Louis
06-11-2012, 08:11 AM
what is the trim covered siding? formed panel? stucco?

Thanks

Robert Ernst
06-11-2012, 11:24 AM
It's probably that stucco panel or stucco board. Just 4x8 sheets embossed to look like stucco.

Billy Stephens
06-11-2012, 01:04 PM
It's probably that stucco panel or stucco board. Just 4x8 sheets embossed to look like stucco.
There were skim coated 4x8 panels as well.

Darrel Hood
06-12-2012, 03:43 AM
There are trim products for stucco that are carved styrofoam forms. Perhaps that's what these are.

Ray Babcock
03-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Older homes here in TX used a Masonite type panel that was stamped to look like stucco. These panels would last only if you keep them caulked and painted. Otherwise, water gets to it and it falls apart just like the Masonite panels that rot at the joints and the base by the ground from water splash off the roof.

Dominiclp
03-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Older homes here in TX used a Masonite type panel that was stamped to look like stucco. These panels would last only if you keep them caulked and painted. Otherwise, water gets to it and it falls apart just like the Masonite panels that rot at the joints and the base by the ground from water splash off the roof.

so Peter it has been a while since your post. but, did you ever get a confirmation of the siding. to me it looks like stucco with EIFS bands. considering that the base of the column looks like stone veneer that would be adhered to stucco

Steven Turetsky
03-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I am unable to enlarge these photos, and haven't a clue as to what is there. All I see is grey.

I suggest you poke around and determine what is under the paint. (is there eps? plywood? masonite?), etc.

Brian Hannigan
03-20-2013, 10:31 AM
I am unable to enlarge these photos, and haven't a clue as to what is there. All I see is grey.

I suggest you poke around and determine what is under the paint. (is there eps? plywood? masonite?), etc.

Steven, try holding down your "Ctrl" key and hit your "+" key several times to zoom in. Ctrl and - to zoom out.

Peter Louis
03-21-2013, 09:51 AM
so Peter it has been a while since your post. but, did you ever get a confirmation of the siding. to me it looks like stucco with EIFS bands. considering that the base of the column looks like stone veneer that would be adhered to stucco

I just say it stucco panel.