PDA

View Full Version : need help

ted dang
06-26-2012, 06:35 PM
we would like the services of a home inspector/termite inspector who has a minibot for the SF Eastbay area

Jerry Peck
06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
who has a minibot

Why?

What, specifically, do you think will be gained with the use of something like that?

Curious as to what benefit you think that has.

Rick Cantrell
06-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Why?

What, specifically, do you think will be gained with the use of something like that?

Curious as to what benefit you think that has.

Don't start on this "You don't need fancy high tech toys if you know what you doing" routine again. ;)

Jerry Peck
06-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Don't start on this "You don't need fancy high tech toys if you know what you doing" routine again. ;)

Rick,

I'm thinking 'Hey, if a minibot is that good for something, then *I WANT ONE TOO*.' :) ... can I charge $5,000 for the minibot roving around while I play with it going here and there? :cool:

Jim Robinson
06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I'd like to have a minibot. That sounds like a lot more fun than crawling down there myself.

Jerry Peck
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
I'd like to have a minibot. That sounds like a lot more fun than crawling down there myself.

I agree, and think of all the fun you will be having driving that thing around ... and missing all those items which you might otherwise see. :)

I can see the first time an inspector uses one and it loses signal, dies, or something up under a crawlspace which is too low to physically access ... and that inspector is left with 'Oh well, it was a neat idea, and it was a tool, thus it was tax deductible, so ... no problem.' as they :( and turn away to hide their loss.

If the crawlspace is too low to access, that in and of itself is a reportable item as the wood likely does not have the minimum clearances from earth that is required by modern codes.

Scott Patterson
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
we would like the services of a home inspector/termite inspector who has a minibot for the SF Eastbay area

Try Star Inspection Group, I don't know if Roger has a mini-bot but they are some of the better inspectors in the bay area. Star Inspection Group (http://www.stargroup.com/)