PDA

View Full Version : Back from vacation

Rick Cantrell
07-21-2012, 05:18 PM
My Bride and I just got back from our vacation (20th anniversary).
It was great, a 5 day cruise.
The meals and service was super, the cruise lines really know how to treat you.

No, I did not tell anyone I was leaving on vacation, much less any of you. ;) It's just not a good idea.

I missed my dogs, I missed my bed, heck, I missed working.
Any how, glad to be back home.

Oh, internet access on the ship was $3.95 to connect and $.75 per minute, so no, I did not keep up with IN while I was away.

wayne soper
07-21-2012, 05:27 PM
welcome back, man you missed alot:eek: SOS!!

Rick Cantrell
07-21-2012, 05:43 PM
welcome back, man you missed alot:eek: SOS!!

Yeah, I see there was even MORE on garage door testing.

Garry Blankenship
07-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Welcome back Your Rickness and congratulations on your 20 year partnership. It does kinda hurt to know that us IN loiterers are not even worth $ 10.00 or so in web access fees - - - Scrooge ;)

Rick Cantrell
07-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome back Your Rickness and congratulations on your 20 year partnership. It does kinda hurt to know that us IN loiterers are not even worth $ 10.00 or so in web access fees - - - Scrooge ;)

Scrooge, yeah right.
$3.95 to connect plus $.75 per minute
When was the last time you were on here for 8 minutes OR LESS, in one week.

William Kievit
07-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Welcome back!

Vern Heiler
07-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I see there was even MORE on garage door testing.
I think I'd rather been standing on the fantail watching the wake dissappear on the horizon. :D 20years, sounds like a keeper!

Nick Ostrowski
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time Rick. My vaca can't get here fast enough. One week in Hilton Head of relaxing during the day on the beach and at the pool and surf fishing at night.

Rick Cantrell
07-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time Rick. My vaca can't get here fast enough. One week in Hilton Head of relaxing during the day on the beach and at the pool and surf fishing at night.

I went to Hilton Head once, the worst vacation I ever had.
I had an outbreak of Shingles, on my face and IN MY EYE.
No kidding, in my eye.
Stayed in the room the whole time.
Finally told my wife, I'm leaving.
Of course I did not know I had shingles when we left.

Nick Ostrowski
07-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I went to Hilton Head once, the worst vacation I ever had.
I had an outbreak of Shingles, on my face and IN MY EYE.
No kidding, in my eye.
Stayed in the room the whole time.
Finally told my wife, I'm leaving.
Of course I did not know I had shingles when we left.

Note to self......do not contract shingles while on vacation.

brian schmitt
07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
rick,
where did you cruise to? i'm looking to cruise the carribean next and sample rum from the source.
i had a sister get shingles and after watching her suffer , I paid the two hundred for the vaccination immediately.

Rick Cantrell
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
rick,
where did you cruise to? i'm looking to cruise the carribean next and sample rum from the source.

Key West Florida, and Nassau Bahamas
Cruise line was Carnival Fascination

i had a sister get shingles and after watching her suffer , I paid the two hundred for the vaccination immediately.

$200 is a bargain compared to what I paid, not to mention the suffering.

Billy Stephens
07-25-2012, 04:49 PM
I just got back from our vacation (.
And The Board Was So Peaceful. :rolleyes:
* did I mention The Great Garage Door Testing thread ? ;)

James Bohac
07-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Rick, Its hard for me to take off in the summer. How did you handle booking work while you were gone? My phone always goes crazy when on vacation! Went on a cruise a few years back and had my daughter book jobs for me!

Rick Cantrell
07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Rick, Its hard for me to take off in the summer. How did you handle booking work while you were gone? My phone always goes crazy when on vacation! Went on a cruise a few years back and had my daughter book jobs for me!

When I got married (July 19th 20 years ago) I did not have the foresight to anticipate the conflict it may create. :D

As for the phone, I did not turn the cell phone on.

I changed my phone greeting to include who to contact if one of my tenants, or an alarm customer had a problem.