PDA

View Full Version : Studer valve or AAV

Sam Morris
07-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Inspected this 1993 yr old house last week. The laundry room had a vent stack going up into attic, but had a studer valve on top of the pipe that didn't tie into the main stack or terminate to the roof.. I THIS ALLOWED???

Gunnar Alquist
07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Inspected this 1993 yr old house last week. The laundry room had a vent stack going up into attic, but had a studer valve on top of the pipe that didn't tie into the main stack or terminate to the roof.. I THIS ALLOWED???

If I remember correctly, at least one vent needs to go through the roof and your post indicates that it does. I see no problem with this "Studor"valve installation.

Scott Patterson
07-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Well a Studer vent is an AAV.... Studer is a brand like Kleenx.

I do not see a problem..

Jerry Peck
07-23-2012, 07:04 PM
1993 yr old house

Dang! That is one old house there - built in 19 AD ... :)

To expand on what Gunnar said and what I did not read you saying - *is* there at least one vent which goes to outdoor air?

As Gunnar said, at least one vent is required to go to outdoor air.

Ken Rowe
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
So people don't get confused, the OP is in Tennessee. AAV are not allowed in Minnesota.

Scott Patterson
07-24-2012, 06:37 AM
So people don't get confused, the OP is in Tennessee. AAV are not allowed in Minnesota.

Minnesota State News - Business alleges ‘skullduggery’ in Minnesota politics, Part II (http://www.mnstatenews.com/capitol-headlines/1-capitol/135-business-alleges-skullduggery-in-minnesota-politics-part-ii.html)

Ken Rowe
07-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Minnesota State News - Business alleges ‘skullduggery’ in Minnesota politics, Part II (http://www.mnstatenews.com/capitol-headlines/1-capitol/135-business-alleges-skullduggery-in-minnesota-politics-part-ii.html)

Aren't governments wonderful. Funny thing is, I can go down to the local box store and buy them.