PDA

View Full Version : New 4 point picture requirements, Florida

Paul Kondzich
08-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Is there a new form? I saw a Tower Hill form last week that was more detailed than the form I had been using. On that form, they wanted pictures of the roof, and a picture of the electric panel with the cover off.
I talked to another inspector yesterday, and he told me picures of the A/C, water heater, roof, and pictures under all sinks were needed. Is there a universal standard that is required now?
Thanks.

Darrel Hood
08-16-2012, 03:58 AM
I see frequent references on this forum to a "four point inspection". I must admit my ignorance and ask what is it, and is it a lucrative business opportunity? Thanks.

Garry Sorrells
08-16-2012, 06:06 AM
I see frequent references on this forum to a "four point inspection". I must admit my ignorance and ask what is it, and is it a lucrative business opportunity? Thanks.

1 - ROOF:
2 - PLUMBING:
3 - AC:
4 - ELECTRIC:
Inspection performed for insurance coverage.

Paul Kondzich
08-16-2012, 07:59 AM

No, it's not lucrative. It used to be that a house over 50 years needed one of these for insurance coverage, now it's 30 years. Insurance companies are making the forms more detailed and requiring pictures, so it's like a mini inspection. Most guys here are doing these for $100. Hardly worth it now that you have to attach pictures etc.