PDA

View Full Version : building rain water discharge.

James Norman
08-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Is there a code somewhere that addresses rain water runoff? I have a building that is shedding its rain water through a gutter system to the roof of the connected building and causing leaks. the owner of building "A" is saying its not his responsibilty to divert his gutters. These are buildings that was built in the 30's. Does anything address this?

Billy Stephens
08-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Is there a code somewhere that addresses rain water runoff? I have a building that is shedding its rain water through a gutter system to the roof of the connected building and causing leaks. the owner of building "A" is saying its not his responsibilty to divert his gutters. These are buildings that was built in the 30's. Does anything address this?
So Your Building is Draining onto his building and you think the runoff is backing up and leaking into your building?

John Kogel
08-21-2012, 07:17 PM
So Your Building is Draining onto his building and you think the runoff is backing up and leaking into your building?
.No, he's an inspector of one of the buildings. Building A is dumping on building B.
Seems cut and dry to me. :D

Jerry Peck
08-21-2012, 07:40 PM

"Does anything address this?"

Yeppers.

It's called: Small Claims Court. :)

Owner of Building B to Owner of Building A: Your roof runoff is causing a leak into my house, you need to correct your roof runoff system.

Owner of Building A to Owner of Building B: Ain't gonna do it.

(One Week Later)
Owner of Building B to Owner of Building A: That big fat envelope you received in the mail today - from my attorney, huh? :p

Billy Stephens
08-21-2012, 08:14 PM
No, he's an inspector of one of the buildings. Building A is dumping on building B.
Seems cut and dry to me. :D
Ya Think ?
*another olde but goodie Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five--Is You Is Or Is You Ain't - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qROFl0sbrjo) Good Night Ladies & Gents. ;)

Steven Turetsky
08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
I agree with Jerry.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
08-22-2012, 06:39 AM

Chapter 11 of the IPC (2006 or 2009). (if IRC for example Ch. 33 of the 09), IPM, zoning codes, nuisance and tresspass ordinances.

Flood Control areas futher.