PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all from East TX!

Michael Sloane
08-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Hey guys/gals. My name is Michael and I am a newly licensed home inspector in TX. Hope to get to know y'all and gain some knowledge from you!

Jim Luttrall
08-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi Michael, Welcome...
But do you have to shout?

JB Thompson
08-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Welcome! What part of East Texas are you in? (not that I'm going to send someone to take you out or anything :) )

Michael Sloane
08-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi Michael, Welcome...
But do you have to shout?

Sorry about that, hard to judge print size on my not-so-smart phone. I was going off MS Word sizing...

Thank you for the welcome!

Michael Sloane
08-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Welcome! What part of East Texas are you in? (not that I'm going to send someone to take you out or anything :) )

Gun Barrel City... between Kaufman and Athens.

JB Thompson
08-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Man, you must be really new. I can't find you on the TREC website! :eek:

If you run into an inspector down that way named Eric Bennett, treat him as an Oracle. If you become half as good as he is, you will be excellent.

Michael Sloane
08-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Man, you must be really new. I can't find you on the TREC website! :eek:

If you run into an inspector down that way named Eric Bennett, treat him as an Oracle. If you become half as good as he is, you will be excellent.

Very, they actually just issued my number this morning (finally!). I'm actually going through a legal name change, so its under the old name until thats done. My # is 20487.

EmmanuelScanlan
08-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Very, they actually just issued my number this morning (finally!). I'm actually going through a legal name change, so its under the old name until thats done. My # is 20487.

Wow! The witness protection program really $crewed you by putting you in the Texas HI business! Couldn't they find something else?:D

Lon Henderson
08-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Wow! The witness protection program really $crewed you by putting you in the Texas HI business! Couldn't they find something else?:D

LOL........that is a very funny.......and could be true.

Michael Sloane
08-31-2012, 08:24 AM

Now if that were the case I wouldn't be saying it! :D

Long story short, there is a guy from about 40 miles from my home town with the same exact name as me who is a complete dirtbag and we've been mixed up several times. Luckily he's like 9 years older than I am. I also don't really care for my dad or his side of the family.

Sloane is an old family name on my mom's side, and has been my pen name for years when I write.

Lon Henderson
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Hmmmm...............you never lived in Indonesia or Kenya did you?..... or have a Connecticut SS number?

Michael Sloane
08-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Hmmmm...............you never lived in Indonesia or Kenya did you?..... or have a Connecticut SS number?

No sir. Never lived out of country, and I have an IA or NE SS#.