PDA

View Full Version : Is this Cemwood?

Hiroshi Kawakami
09-10-2012, 12:43 AM
This roof materials were imported in 1998 by U.S.A. It was listed in a statement of delivery with "Chemwood".
These dimensions are equal to "Cemwood" in length becoming 22 inches, the width at 12, 7, 5 inches in a tapered shape, but a logo written down is not "AC" like a photograph. The logo looks like "LP" or "UP".
Will these materials be "Cemwood" or OEM products?
I am thankful when I have you instruct it if a knowing person comes.

This is because it is determined whether asbestos is contained at the time of the disposal.

H. Kawakami Japan.

wayne soper
09-10-2012, 06:29 AM
best to test it if you are concerned.

Scott Patterson
09-10-2012, 07:01 AM
This roof materials were imported in 1998 by U.S.A. It was listed in a statement of delivery with "Chemwood".
These dimensions are equal to "Cemwood" in length becoming 22 inches, the width at 12, 7, 5 inches in a tapered shape, but a logo written down is not "AC" like a photograph. The logo looks like "LP" or "UP".
Will these materials be "Cemwood" or OEM products?
I am thankful when I have you instruct it if a knowing person comes.

This is because it is determined whether asbestos is contained at the time of the disposal.

H. Kawakami Japan.

Cemwood shingles have round dimples or depressions across the top. I think they might have 3-4 per shingle.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
09-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation ("L-P") NatureGuard shingles, a cement and wood fiber shingle which L-P manufactured and sold between 1995 and 1998. LP (Louisina-Pacific) {L/P (R)} (lpcorp.com) (exhange abbrev. LPX) Nature Guard (NatureGuard) Fiber Cement Roofing Shingle Fiber cement shakes.

Hiroshi Kawakami
09-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the many help of everyone.

As a result of the query in LP corp. "LP discontinued Nature Guard many years ago and I do not have any information regarding whether or not it contains asbestos. "

I think it is highly possible that they do not contain asbestos, I'm going to the asbestos inspection. (Will cost about $ 400 asbestos inspection in Japan.)

What do you think of this decision?

Jerry Peck
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I think it is highly possible that they do not contain asbestos, I'm going to the asbestos inspection. (Will cost about $ 400 asbestos inspection in Japan.)

What do you think of this decision?

Send a small piece in a box to a lab in the US ($25?) and get it tested here (I think someone mentioned $100? or so for the test). Take a friend out for dinner with the remainder of the $400. ;)

Rick Cantrell
09-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Send a small piece in a box to a lab in the US ($25?) and get it tested here (I think someone mentioned $100? or so for the test). Take a friend out for dinner with the remainder of the $400. ;)

Does Japan accept test results from a US company?

Hiroshi Kawakami
10-05-2012, 03:07 PM
I gave up eating sushi several times, I made ​​a inspection by Japanese company.
Result is "Asbestos is not detected", very relieved.

The cost of waste disposal and removal work could be saved.

I wish to express my gratitude for cooperation of everybody.

Kind Regards

H.G. Watson, Sr.
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Appreciate your returning with update news and expressed gratitude.

Happy to have been of service.