PDA

View Full Version : HI Newbie

John Biggs
10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
HI I am new to the site looks like a place for some good info and insight.
I am looking for info on Radon testing, What type of devices do you use and why?
I am working towards my Radon testing licence NOT mitigation, and looking for opinions on equipment.

Thanks John Biggs
Green light Home Inspection LLC

Stephen G
10-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Welcome John, I hope you find what your looking...and more..

Steve

John Biggs
10-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks Steve.

Scott Patterson
10-05-2012, 05:53 AM
HI I am new to the site looks like a place for some good info and insight.
I am looking for info on Radon testing, What type of devices do you use and why?
I am working towards my Radon testing licence NOT mitigation, and looking for opinions on equipment.

Thanks John Biggs
Green light Home Inspection LLC

You should use CRM's. Get a few Sun Nuclear 1027's and you will be set. You can pay for one machine with 5-6 test. 1028's are even better for a few hundred more. Many options are available to you.. I would stay away from absorption test, they work but also add several days to the time before you get the results.

Try to make it to InspectionWorld Las Vegas | January 13-16, 2013 (http://www.inspectionworld.com) , it is in Las Vegas and you can see all of the testing options that are available by the various vendors.

John Biggs
10-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Thanks Scott

I made a call to my instructor last night and got the same answer,
Model 1027. Do You print on site reports or do you E Mail them out ?

My Instructor said that he did the download to his home computer and E Mailed from there.

Thanks
John Biggs

Scott Patterson
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks Scott

I made a call to my instructor last night and got the same answer,
Model 1027. Do You print on site reports or do you E Mail them out ?

My Instructor said that he did the download to his home computer and E Mailed from there.

Thanks
John Biggs

Email from my office. I do not print anything on site.