PDA

View Full Version : Here is a really great way to get lots of air flow through those attic exhaust vents

Gene South
10-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Just remove the tops of the turbine vents....lots of air flow....and rain flow.

Chris Weekly
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, do the winds howl there so fiercely that it twist the turbine tops off?

Gene South
10-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Four of the five turbines were missing. The winds do blow hard sometimes but if the vents were isntalled properly, the turbines would stay in place. I do not know why they were missing.

Stephen G
10-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Four of the five turbines were missing. The winds do blow hard sometimes but if the vents were isntalled properly, the turbines would stay in place. I do not know why they were missing.

She said to her husband, if you don't stop those things from squeaking I will rip them off....problem solved...

Not a fan of that style of ventilation...

Lon Henderson
10-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Follow the UFO reports to recover the turbines.

Larry Morrison
10-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Now I just have to ask? Where were you when you took the pics? Guessing this house was not one you were inspecting. From the looks of where these pictures were taken, I'm thinking you were using a radio control camera equipped drone for the roof inspection....Tell me this anyway because I really want to get one of these and need some more justification:D

Gene South
10-13-2012, 12:09 PM
It was the neighboring house to the one I was inspecting. Just a regular camera with a small zoom lens.

Bob Knauff
10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
The turbines may have been blown off. Note what's left of the turbine support bracket tipped sideways at the top of the upper, right pipe and the upper left turbine is severely twisted. Viewing the lower, right roof field many edges of shingles are visible. They should be laying flat and not seen, particularly from a distance. They are not architectural type. Maybe a storm blew through the area?

None-the-less the open pipes now make great rain gauges as measured in the attic!