PDA

View Full Version : Celotex Soundboard sheating

Robert Hronek
10-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Replacing some pressboard siding. Pulled off the sheats on the side of the garage. There is about 16 with celotex insulated sheating. Then at the front 8 feet there is the celotex soundboard. This is in the outside of the studs. It is crumbling and needs to be replaced.

Is there any reason to reinstall the same product. Can I use the celotex foam board.

I should add the previous owner had cut off the bottom 6in of the siding and installed wood trim. the typical short cut fix. The bottom 6in below the sound board is foam board.

Scott Patterson
10-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Replacing some pressboard siding. Pulled off the sheats on the side of the garage. There is about 16 with celotex insulated sheating. Then at the front 8 feet there is the celotex soundboard. This is in the outside of the studs. It is crumbling and needs to be replaced.

Is there any reason to reinstall the same product. Can I use the celotex foam board.

I should add the previous owner had cut off the bottom 6in of the siding and installed wood trim. the typical short cut fix. The bottom 6in below the sound board is foam board.

I would use a foil faced polyiso foam board and not EPS foam.