PDA

View Full Version : top this if you can

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
10-17-2012, 01:10 PM
hey all

an old AT&T buddy of mine called me today after finding out about my plunge from a roof last year. seperated shoulder--broke hand and cracked hip. and that was from 15 feet.

here is his story and get ready to pee your pants.

his brother decided to go on roof and clean out gutters. so he got ladder out, and to be extra safe tied a rope around his waist and tied the other end to his wifes car. well you got it--his wife came out got in the car and off she goes. the rope pulled his brother up the rear side of house and then down the front side --he landed in the driveway--busted hip and blown knee. i am still laughing now--so don't try this method

cvf

David OKeefe
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
She saw her opportunity and took it.

Bruce Breedlove
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Nobody could have seen that one coming.

I take it your buddy's brother is not a member of Mensa.

Nick Ostrowski
10-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Charlie, that is an absolute piss. The visual in my head is cracking me up.

Marc Morin
10-19-2012, 07:47 AM
My dad told that story at a family dinner 40 years ago...it was shared with him from a home insurance investigator. Did you hear the one about the man who put his car in cruise control and then told his wife he was getting some coffee from the back of the car while he crawled over the seat and subsequently crashed the car? 'Why would the car crash if it was in cruise control mode'..said the driver as they lifted him into the ambulance. There's like ten or so of these old insurance claim favorites....

Pierre Coulombe
10-20-2012, 01:09 PM
There is something to be said for "fall protection". I laughed so hard my wife thought there was something wrong. Great story....

Stephen G
10-21-2012, 09:51 AM
During that gents mis fortune, he forgot to take those keys and place them in his pocket...had he followed his checklist he wouldnt have been keel hauled...

Raymond Wand
10-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Would be better if the mother in-law got in the car rather than the wife. ;)

John Kogel
10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Would be better if the mother in-law got in the car rather than the wife. ;)The mother-in-law wouldn't have stopped in the driveway. :D

I heard this one before, but that doesn't make it less funny.

Stephen G
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
My mother in law would've landed on the roof...I then would have got her to inspect it....:p :p :p

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
what are you smoking --go away