PDA

View Full Version : another one 'just for fun'

Jerry Peck
10-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Drinking & Driving:

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been lucky not to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the various social sessions over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and then topped it off with a margarita. Not a good idea.

Knowing full well I was at least slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a taxi home.

Sure enough I passed a police road block but because it was a taxi, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise. I have never driven a taxi before and am not sure where I got it.

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
10-20-2012, 06:57 PM
GOOD MOVE JP

CVF

H.G. Watson, Sr.
10-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Its an old joke Chas.

Steven Turetsky
10-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Very good Jerry

Chris Weekly
10-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Good laugh out of that one JP
If its an old joke - so what. Some old jokes need a revival now and then, 'cause some of us might not be old enough to have heard them before. Did you even laugh the first time you heard it Watson?

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/images/icons/icon10.gif

Stephen G
10-21-2012, 09:41 AM
JP you held me right till the end...well done

Dan Harris
10-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Its an old joke Chas.

HG Some us young guys enjoy hearing old jokes from old timers :D

H.G. Watson, Sr.
10-21-2012, 06:10 PM
No, I've never found the subject of drunk driving or a drunk driver funny.It is a very unfunny subject to me, always has been.

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
HG

so please tell us Hg that you have never ever ever drove drunk--if you say yes i will never ever believe anything you ever say again.

cvf

Jerry Peck
10-21-2012, 06:28 PM
HG

so please tell us Hg that you have never ever ever drove drunk--if you say yes i will never ever believe anything you ever say again.

cvf

Charlie,

I don't know about Watson's answer to your question, but my answer to your question would be: No, I have never driven drunk. I don't drink - nothing alcoholic at all as I simply do not like the taste or smell of drinks containing alcohol. I drink ice tea (mainly) with a Mountain Dew a few times a week, used to drink Diet Code like I had stock in it - I could drink a 12 pack of Diet Coke each day during my inspections during the summer, and half of one during the winter (I was in South Florida where 'winter' is probably like your 'summer').

I hope that does not mean that you will never believe anything I ever say again.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
HG

cvf

No. I have NEVER driven a motor vehicle or a moving vehicle (not even rode a horse or mule) after having consumed ANYTHING intoxicating.

Your "belief" system does not interest me in the least.

Brent Aucoin
10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Drinking & Driving:

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been lucky not to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the various social sessions over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and then topped it off with a margarita. Not a good idea.

Knowing full well I was at least slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a taxi home.

Sure enough I passed a police road block but because it was a taxi, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise. I have never driven a taxi before and am not sure where I got it.

Awesome Man you are Jerry!

Jerry Martin
10-22-2012, 03:15 AM
I'll tell you one thing I don't drink anymore. Bojangles new BOLD coffee. That stuff is strong enough to take the top of your head off.

Sal Gorge
10-22-2012, 04:18 AM
Just for the fun please don't drink and drive because of this habit of my husband i had lost my son....

Bert de Haan
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not young anymore but not old yet. First time I heard (read) this story. I enjoyed it.
Thanks

Jim Hintz
10-22-2012, 05:38 PM
HG Some us young guys enjoy hearing old jokes from old timers :D Ditto.....

Scott Phillips
10-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Now that was funny. You had me sucked in right till the end and I finished with a tear in my eye.