PDA

View Full Version : Just when I though i'd seen it all...

Marc M
10-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Rubber air-hose gas line.:eek:

Jerry Peck
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Rubber air-hose gas line.:eek:

Not acceptable in that specific locations, but isn't that what you use between the propane tank for your gas grill and the burners - a rubber hose? Those ends look like the high pressure ends on those gas hoses.

Rick Cantrell
10-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Not acceptable in that specific locations, but isn't that what you use between the propane tank for your gas grill and the burners - a rubber hose? Those ends look like the high pressure ends on those gas hoses.

I doubt that hose is listed or labeled for use as a gas line, natural or propane.
Even if it were labeled, it should be located after a shutoff valve.

John Kogel
10-24-2012, 05:27 PM
On propane gas systems, I sometimes see a rubber hose outside on the bottle.
But I would call that one - amateur installation, possible leak hazard.

Jerry Peck
10-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Even if it were labeled, it should be located after a shutoff valve.

No sediment trap either.

There are other things not right in the photo besides just that being a rubber hose in that location, I was just pointing out that being a rubber hose used for gas (if in the proper location) is okay, and gave an example of where one would see a rubber used used day in and day out.

Marc M
10-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Brian needs to start a link and call it "Best of". Just images of stuff we see daily.

Rick Cantrell
10-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Brian needs to start a link and call it "Best of". Just images of stuff we see daily.

On the left of the page is a menu
Click on " PHOTO GALLERY"
Upload your photo(s) there

Marc M
10-25-2012, 08:26 PM
On the left of the page is a menu
Click on " PHOTO GALLERY"
Upload your photo(s) there

Cool, had no idea that was there. thanks once again.

Fred Weck
10-26-2012, 05:55 AM
I found a radiator hose, with hose clamps, connecting the gas manifold to the furnace one time.