PDA

View Full Version : OLD JANITROL FURNACE VENT PIPE

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
11-11-2012, 02:33 PM
hey guys

this janitrol had a belt drive--and manuel said 7/1963--but could not find serial #--the sellers hvac guy okd it--is the venting on this right--looks like crap to me--heck i graduated high school in 1965--and i don't work correctly

cvf

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
11-11-2012, 02:36 PM
sorry furnace guts

H.G. Watson, Sr.
11-11-2012, 02:55 PM
No. There is little-to-nothing right with the entirety of the vent connectors or the overall venting system pictured.

Neither is the WH (connector from same - tape, caddy-whumpus draft hood, offsets b/4 rise, undersized - tape again to s/w fitting - pex w/in above space of footprint on cat I and w/in inches of s/w connector; nor the manifolding connection to the B-Vent fitting & same's orientation, nor clearances, support, nor blocking/stopping. It is unquestionably not 1960s or 70s venting or vent connectors.

The fuel gas code addresses. IIRC you are also at higher altitudes in your "neck of the woods".

It also appears somewhat obvious the area has been additionally enclosed since original installation and construction.

What is less-than-obvious is the conditioned/non-conditioned status of the area, the overall height (rise) of the venting system, the functioning rating (adjusted) of the entirety of the equipment, what other equipment may be present (such as mechanical ventillation, clothes dryer, etc.) nor the available cubic footage and natural air exhange rate of the area.

Randy Rogers
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I think I would move the union on the gas line out of the unit, as well.