PDA

View Full Version : Home Gauge ?'s

Blue Harriss
09-23-2007, 02:51 PM
So, I have just purchased Home Gauge report software and am a bit confused. I guess I assumed any report writing package would have the ability to save as a PDF, but it appears that it has to be HTML (web based). If I am using the package correctly it means I can not email the report to my clients, am I missing something here? Thanks for the help, I have 3 reports that need to get out tonight!

Blue

Jim Luttrall
09-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Blue, I am not familiar with Home Gauge, but can you print the report? If you can, you can install a free pdf conversion that acts like a printer.
Software (http://www.software995.com/) I use this all the time to convert my MS Word documents to pdf format. Pretty easy once you have it set up.
Good Luck,
Jim

Seth Hughes
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Blue

I think you will have to go with Jims suggestion. I believe that homegauge has it set up this way so that you have to upload the report to their website and have your client get to it from there. Also, another suggestion would be to print it out and scan it then you could email it from there, but that seems like a real waste of paper. anyway good luck and please post if Jims way works. I am curious

Blue Harriss
09-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the tips, I certainly hope I don't have to pay to upload reports to their site.....but it sure is looking that way. I don't think the PDF idea will work, the print preview will not let me even save it as a word doc, its all a HTML index file.

Blue

Jim Luttrall
09-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Blue, I failed to mention that this 995pdf will create a pdf document which will open on your screen and allow you to print or save. Save it and then attach the file to your email. Pretty simple unless Home Gauge has some road block to prohibit. If that is a problem, upload it to the home gauge site and print it from the internet using 995pdf which will print to the file you specify.
I know there are other HG users on the board that can help you with this. You might do a search for "home gauge" and see who they are and send them a private message or email.
Jim

Michael Thomas
09-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Blue,

I use the free PrimoPFD utility:

Free PDF Converter - create high-quality PDF from any printable file type (http://www.primopdf.com/)

To create PFD's from within Homeguage... just install Primo, select it as the printer. print the report to Primo, then tell Primo where you want to save the PDF.

Blue Harriss
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks Michael, I'll download the pdf utility and give it a shot.

Blue

wayne soper
09-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Blue, Yes you upload the report to the Homegauge site. This saves you in a computer melt down. All your reports are over there for 5 years. Easy to access. Really easy program. Easily modifiable. about 400 a year with a website. The big plus is that these guys are working on this program every day making tweaks and upgrades that we don't have time for, and these are free with the service. You just get on and Man you will be happy big time. We have enough to think about.

Bill Emelander
09-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Blue,
I recently changed to HomeGauge and I already have a pdf program. So all I do is print to the pdf converter and I get a pdf file that I can email or post on my web-site.

No trouble yet.

Bill

Ken Meyer
09-24-2007, 07:41 AM
This is exactly what I do, I've been using Home Gauge for a few months. Home Gauge has a support section, and they give you a link to download Primo PDF. After you install it, you have to tell Home Gauge to print the report with preview first, then when the print dialog box comes up, select Primo PDF, name the file, and tell it where to save.

Ken Meyer
Portico Home Inspection
Portland OR

Blue,

I use the free PrimoPFD utility:

Free PDF Converter - create high-quality PDF from any printable file type (http://www.primopdf.com/)

To create PFD's from within Homeguage... just install Primo, select it as the printer. print the report to Primo, then tell Primo where you want to save the PDF.

Blue Harriss
09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks to everyone, the PDF conversion worked great!