PDA

View Full Version : New Inspector

Gratton Williams
12-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Hello. Was going to say Im a Baby Inspector but have already read enough on here to chose my words a little more carefully.:) Just passed the Texas test and looking forward to this new career and especially looking forward to learning through this forum and gleaning from all of yall's experience.

Eric Barker
12-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Hello. Was going to say Im a Baby Inspector but have already read enough on here to chose my words a little more carefully.:) Just passed the Texas test and looking forward to this new career and especially looking forward to learning through this forum and gleaning from all of yall's experience.

Welcome to the field! Don't hesitate to ask questions, lots of questions. This job is often more encompassing than people initially think.

Harry Janssen
12-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Welcome on board,wishing you success.

Stephen G
12-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the board, don't feed the animals.....:p

Andrew Constantine
12-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Welcome!!! Ask away (and yes... choose words carefully) LOL

Best of luck to you!

Andrew Constantine
http://InspectProHomeInspections.com
Charlotte NC Home Inspector (http://InspectProHomeInspections.com)

Gratton Williams
12-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Ill definitely be asking questions. For my license I went the 328 hour course with related work experience. So I do not have any actual inspection experience. Although as a professional firefighter for 18 years I have certainly performed many residential during and after fires and for home owner emergencies. Always nice getting a call at 3 am because someone has hot water dripping from the kitchen ceiling and find a leaking hot water heater in the attic. Im fortunate enough to have several inspector friends and they have graciously agreed to allow me to tag along on inspections. Really looking forward to getting started.

Fidel Gonzales
12-15-2012, 11:05 AM
We were all new at some point. Put evenVeterans have questions too. We are all learning new things everyday, And yes, there are real pros on this forum that are always willing to helps us . This is one of the best forum for inspector and Brian has done a super job bringing us all together. Welcome on board and wishing you the very best in your new carrier .

Gratton Williams
12-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Fidel. Thank you.

Jack Feldmann
12-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the forum. Jump in any time!

Ken McConnell
12-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the home inspection profession. Always remember there is never a question you may have that you can not find an answer too. Great resourse here with alot of experience inspectors from all over the country.

Ken McConnell
Quality Home & Building Inspection Consultants