PDA

View Full Version : FHA-HUD Mobil Home Engineering Certifications

Wade Hancock
01-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Anyone here know where I can get information on the requirements for providing this service?

Thanks in advance!

Nolan Kienitz
01-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Anyone here know where I can get information on the requirements for providing this service?

Thanks in advance!

WH - If you are referring to the report that is required by FHA/HUD for the "foundation attachment" for a mobile home you will have to find an licensed Professional Engineer who is willing to do such reports.

TREC HIs can't do them unless they happen to be a PE as well.

Most of the PEs I work with stopped doing those reports many years ago due to liability issues.

You might find one or someone down in the Central Texas area who will still do them.

I've heard/seen that there is some 'national' based company that says they will do the reports, but I don't know anything about them.

I think Scott P. (Nashville) may know who they are.

Scott Patterson
01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
WH - If you are referring to the report that is required by FHA/HUD for the "foundation attachment" for a mobile home you will have to find an licensed Professional Engineer who is willing to do such reports.

TREC HIs can't do them unless they happen to be a PE as well.

Most of the PEs I work with stopped doing those reports many years ago due to liability issues.

You might find one or someone down in the Central Texas area who will still do them.

I've heard/seen that there is some 'national' based company that says they will do the reports, but I don't know anything about them.

I think Scott P. (Nashville) may know who they are.

Hayman Residential Engineering.

Rick Vernon
01-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Check with Harrison to see if they have Texas field reps.

Mobile Home Foundation Certifications | Foundation Certification for a Mobile Home | HUD/FHA, VA, and Conventional Lending Mobile Home Foundation Certifications | Manufactured Homes Inspections and Compliance | HUD/FHA, VA, and Conventional Lending (http://foundationcertifications.com/)

Wade Hancock
01-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Check with Harrison to see if they have Texas field reps.

Mobile Home Foundation Certifications | Foundation Certification for a Mobile Home | HUD/FHA, VA, and Conventional Lending Mobile Home Foundation Certifications | Manufactured Homes Inspections and Compliance | HUD/FHA, VA, and Conventional Lending (http://foundationcertifications.com/)

Just got their vendor packet this morning. Thanks.
Scott - Also checking Hayman.

Thanks to you all.