PDA

View Full Version : deed transfer causes cancellation

John Dirks Jr
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
I had an inspection cancel the other day. It was explained to me that the seller had recently had the deed put in their name. It was from one family member to another. I was told that anti flipper laws or regulations caused the buyers financing company to balk at the deal.

Are any of you aware of such regulations and does the explanation I got make sense?

Lon Henderson
01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
The FHA has suspended the 90 day flipper rule to December 2014. So, I'm not sure what the problem is with the lender. Maybe you weren't told the entire story..........nahhh.......buyers never leave out part of the story.

Garry Sorrells
01-31-2013, 04:54 AM
John,
It may be as simple as the title has not shown up in the land records. Maryland recording moves like a snail in winter. No title shown in the sellers name therefore the lender does not recognize the contract and will not process a loan since the title company can not provide a title search showing the seller as the owner till it appears in the records. The silly part of the process is that it is all on film/computer now and not copied and bound in book form like the old days. Which was also so very slow.