Yes & No.
* sink on the right has a correct p trap
** sink on the left needs one.

Vern Heiler
02-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes & No.

If you just add a trap to the sink on the left, the sink on the right will be double trapped. The trap needs to be moved to the sink on the left.

But is does meet check box construction!

Billy Stephens
02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes & No.

If you just add a trap to the sink on the left, the sink on the right will be double trapped. !

Depends on how it's added.
* your way both sinks may not drain at the same time.

Jerry Peck
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM

Correct ... depends on how the trap is added, and if the trap is "added" to the sink on the left in the first photo *as it is plumbed now*, the sink on the right will be double trapped.

However, if, as shown in your photo, one decides to *re-plumb the drains and traps differently*, then one is not just "adding" a trap to the left sink, one is re-configuring the drain/trap plumbing, in which case (as shown in your photo) each sink would have one trap and only one trap). But all you said was to "add" a trap, not that one would 're-plumb" the drain lines and traps. ;)

Billy Stephens
02-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Yes & No.

Correct ... depends on how the trap is added, and if the trap is "added" to the sink on the left in the first photo *as it is plumbed now*, the sink on the right will be double trapped.

However, if, as shown in your photo, one decides to *re-plumb the drains and traps differently*, then one is not just "adding" a trap to the left sink, one is re-configuring the drain/trap plumbing, in which case (as shown in your photo) each sink would have one trap and only one trap). But all you said was to "add" a trap, not that one would 're-plumb" the drain lines and traps. ;)

Thank You for your Interpretation of what you thought I said.
*please Read what was posted.
** nothing was said about add just a trap ( " sink on left needs one. ")

Vern Heiler
02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
* your way both sinks may not drain at the same time.

I will call my city manager in the morning and tell him we have solved the waste water volume problem.... just add P'traps:D

Billy Stephens
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
I will call my city manager in the morning and tell him we have solved the waste water volume problem.... just add P'traps:D

Hard to Fit a Size 12 Foot into a Size 7 Shoe.
* or dump a 4 inch water column into a 2 inch drain. :rolleyes:

Jerry Peck
02-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Thank You for your Interpretation of what you thought I said.
** nothing was said about add just a trap ( " sink on left needs one. ")

Thank you for your Interpretation of what you thought you said.
**nothing was said about re-plumbing and re-configuring the traps, just ( "sink on left needs one. ")

You should consider adding your interpretations of what you THINK you are saying to what you ACTUALLY post. :p

brianmiller
03-14-2013, 06:54 AM
does anyone have a photo of a double trapped sink? I want to show what it looks like to someone but I don't have a photo.

thanks,

b

tom daley
03-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Barry,

Code says:
Double traps (in series) prohibited. IRC 3201.6 UPC 1004.0

Note:No accessible shut-offs visible.
Weird selection of fittings.
The tee appears ( to me ) to be upside down.

Billy,

FWIW: Your pic of G/D etc. is trapped in parallel and good to go.