PDA

View Full Version : Real estate writer Robert Bruss dies

Brian Hannigan
09-28-2007, 10:25 AM
This was passed on to me by Jerry McCarthy

We lost one of the good guys this week:

Many of us in the inspection business read Bob Bruss’s weekly columns in many newspapers in which he both informed and advised people in their buying and selling of real estate from selecting an agent that would professionally represent them and the value of a good home inspection conducted by a qualified inspector. Bob also warned folks about paying “junk fees” charged by title companies during the close of escrow on home sales and various real estate tax matters. I had a number of conversations with Bob during my time as a fellow instructor (building codes) at the College of San Mateo where he taught a course on real estate law. We agreed on most issues related to agent duties and home inspection protocol, but when we didn’t he was a ferocious debater, but always gracious after we exchanged divergent views as Bob was a true gentleman. He will be missed by many of us as he was inscrutably fair and maintained a high level of integrity in a profession that is noted for not always doing so.

http://www.mercurynews.com/realestatenews/ci_7025189

Michael Thomas
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
"inscrutably fair" ???