PDA

View Full Version : Main line behind electrical system

Christian Tag
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Is it legal to have the main drain line passing behind the electrical system ?

Thank you for your help !

John Kogel
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
I see the old drain line cleanout below the electrical panels. I don't see a shock hazard in those two pics.

Miguel Morera
03-15-2013, 04:40 AM
I see the old drain line cleanout below the electrical panels. I don't see a shock hazard in those two pics.

The drain is not my worry, the spaghetti wire system does.

AdvancedHomeInspection.net Miami FL, Homestead FL, Broward FL

sanjeev supayia
03-15-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi everyone,

Should be ok. I seen drain line above the panel in newer townhome.
SmartChoice Home And Mold Inspections
Brampton Home Inspections Mississauga Home Inspector Toronto - Home (http://www.smartchoicehomeandmold.com)

keithsines
03-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Short answer, not usually. Refer to NEC 110.26 (F)(1)(a) through (F)(1)(d), Dedicated Equipment Space. But, are you doing a home inspection or Code Inspection. In this case what you see is what you get unless there is a hazard.

Keith

bob smit
03-15-2013, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=keithsines;222519]Short answer, not usually. Refer to NEC 110.26 (F)(1)(a) through (F)(1)(d), Dedicated Equipment Space. But, are you doing a home inspection or Code Inspection. In this case what you see is what you get unless there is a hazard

Yes there is dedicated equipment space and there is dedicated work space. As others have stated, I would not concern myself if I were a HI unless you see a hazard. There is concern if piping (especially water) is above electrical equipment. A messy wiring job is not necessarly a hazard, but a DIY job. The NM cable hanging down near pipe in pic is a hazard.
I would refer to 'electrician evaluation' just to cover butt, because you just know there is some skeletons in them there closets.:p