PDA

View Full Version : Brick siding?

Vern Heiler
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Other than "broken" what is this type of siding called? Half face, lick and stick?

Jerry Peck
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Stucco scored to provide a brick-like appearance.

The stucco is applied, sometimes with a different final coat, then the still-soft stucco is scored (cut through) to reveal the underlying stucco and color in to create a 'mortar-looking' joint.

The also do stucco that same way to resemble rock and stone facings.

Vern Heiler
03-21-2013, 07:05 PM

The stucco is applied, sometimes with a different final coat, then the still-soft stucco is scored (cut through) to reveal the underlying stucco and color in to create a 'mortar-looking' joint.

Thanks Jerry. If it had been in good condition, I don't know if I would have known it was not brick veneer.

Steven Turetsky
03-21-2013, 07:06 PM

I've always referred as "Brickface", which as stated is scored stucco.
What is under it?

Jerry Peck
03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
I've always referred as "Brickface", which as stated is scored stucco.

Haven't heard that term before.

Rich Goeken
03-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Haven't heard that term before.

I think it is used in the NY-NJ area, maybe elsewhere, in company names such as "XXX Brickface Company". Some do very heavy advertizing resulting in the slang "Brickface" for a stucco finish that looks like brick.

Lisa Simkins
03-22-2013, 06:24 PM
We have a similiar type of brick like coating on our rowhouses. It even fooled an insurance inspector. What do they use to score the stucco to make the mortar rows? It looks so even on ours.

Darren Miller
03-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Pano's Restaurant Brickface Stucco: Buffalo Plastering - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1LZrpXcaIU)

Claude Lawrenson
03-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Looks like a painted brick veneer panel system.