PDA

View Full Version : Name that inspection

Phillip Stojanik
04-08-2013, 01:29 PM
I have been searching my mind for a term and just can not find it. I’m hoping one of you guys will know the term I am looking for.

There is a type of inspection where one reviews all of the physical assets of a business or property and creates a long range maintenance schedule and a projection of useful service life and so on. This is most often used to help property managers develop long range budgets for perhaps 3, 5, 10 or more years out.

I know there is a specific name for that type of inspection but I can not for the life of me bring it to mind. Any help out there with this?

Markus Keller
04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
What you are asking about is essentially a Condo Reserve Study. However, if it isn't a Condo building I typically call it a Property Reserve Study. I normally do these in conjunction with a Property Condition Report.
My PCR is based on the ASTM 2018. The reserve study is based on an excel sheet I've put together for detailed numbers. For basic numbers I have a line item cost page that gets included in the PCR. Amount of detail for either depends on what the client wants and building type, conditions.

Phillip Stojanik
04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
What you are asking about is essentially a Condo Reserve Study. However, if it isn't a Condo building I typically call it a Property Reserve Study. I normally do these in conjunction with a Property Condition Report.
My PCR is based on the ASTM 2018. The reserve study is based on an excel sheet I've put together for detailed numbers. For basic numbers I have a line item cost page that gets included in the PCR. Amount of detail for either depends on what the client wants and building type, conditions.

Thats it! Reserve study is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Markus

Bert de Haan
04-13-2013, 06:30 PM
I've heard it called a BCA; a Building Condition Assessment.