PDA

View Full Version : How to make a change to InspectIt Report Plus

Kevin Luce
10-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I use InspectIt Report Plus software. Every time I enter a comment from the software, a bullet comes up. Instead of the bullet come up, is there a way so the numbering automatically comes up?

Instead of this
where the bullet comes up.

I would like this
where the numbering automatically comes up.I know I can make this change when I'm finished writing up the problems I found but it would be nice for it to do it itself. One less step = faster getting the report done.

Jon Randolph
10-05-2007, 12:23 PM
You need to change every comment that uses the bullets to make them numbered bullets. This will keep a running count within a group of bullets. This is time consuming, but I recommend that each of the canned statements be changed to reflect your personal style anyway. Be sure that you insert the bookmarks where needed in each statement to make it insert the locations. Instructions are in the users guide.

Alternatively you can go into the page setup and make it number each line by going to file/page setup/layout and choosing the line numbers option.

Rick Hurst
10-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Kevin,

We have an inspector here in the Dallas area by the name of Brian Murphy that has that Inspect-It program down to an art.

He's actually teaching classes on how to use it. My brother attended one of his classes and was amazed to find out how much you can do with it.

It may be worth the trip to the Dallas area to learn more about it. Plus the trip is a tax write off. Take advantage of it.

You could look up his name off the TAREI.com site and maybe give him a call.

Just a thought.

rick

Nolan Kienitz
10-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Kevin,

Adding to Rick's input ... Here is the URL for their website for training.

RETS - Real Estate Training Systems, LLC (http://www.rets-llc.com/educationalopportunities.html)

Another InspectIt class is scheduled for December.

Don and Brian are a couple very good/knowledgeable inspectors in our market.