PDA

View Full Version : Check out this drop

Marc M
05-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Crazyness.. CA style

Jerry Peck
05-23-2013, 06:04 AM
If the earth under your feet out there didn't shake the houses so much ... that mast might still be straight and not bent. :)

Oh, wait ... you were showing us those little ol' wires over the pool ... just don't use them as a clothesline and use metal hangers to hang wet swim suits from it. :becky:

Galen L. Beasley
05-23-2013, 09:46 AM
It could be used as a zip line to drop into the pool from.

Marc M
05-23-2013, 10:06 PM
It could be used as a zip line to drop into the pool from.

Yea, I think is was...:eek:

Mbrooke
05-24-2013, 06:21 AM
I vote pool company special:D

Lon Henderson
05-24-2013, 08:20 AM
You guys are so critical!

Tabb Jensen
05-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Not enough pics - -- possible - tree limb on wires bent original mast - ( this happened at my house - bent mast clear to roof ) (run was also to long(weight)) - ( I replaced mast and added a new telephone pole close to house) - They used bent mast for wire support and made new mast. Clearance appears to be an issue. Handyman Tabb

Don Hester
05-26-2013, 09:52 AM
I like the zip line idea. Can charge extra for the fun:)

bob smit
05-26-2013, 11:51 PM
You foo's, anyone knows there's only so much slack in themthere drops!-
Tis why the custom bend. Anyone knows that the pool mustof been there first, sheesh.

Curt Downs
05-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Marc, your pic left out the most important clue. The diving board. It must be just out of camera range, or was removed- it's obvious someone was using the service line for some sort of acrobatics after getting a good launch from spring board. Perfectly safe, as long as you don't touch anything else while twirling around those wires.
Curt

Jerry Peck
05-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Perfectly safe, as long as you don't touch anything else while twirling around those wires.

Let me understand this - your hands are grasped around 3 conductors and two of those conductors are 120 volts from the third conductor, and your hands are nice and wet as you grasp that line and twirl around it (supposing the outrageousness of this were to actually happen ;) ) - I'm not following the "Perfectly safe" part. I understand that you are referring to one not being 'on ground', but that bare neutral grounded/grounding conductor serves the grounding purpose as being 'on ground'.

Oh, yeah ... :whoo:

Curt Downs
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Let me understand this - your hands are grasped around 3 conductors and two of those conductors are 120 volts from the third conductor, and your hands are nice and wet as you grasp that line and twirl around it (supposing the outrageousness of this were to actually happen ;) ) - I'm not following the "Perfectly safe" part. I understand that you are referring to one not being 'on ground', but that bare neutral grounded/grounding conductor serves the grounding purpose as being 'on ground'.

Oh, yeah ... :whoo:

Darn Jerry, I guess I better add, 'don't try this at home- or anywhere else.' I was shocked by your answer (not as shocked as if I had tried it). Anyway, that mast will be flat on the roof soon, so it shouldn't get too much lower. You may have to limbo under it to get to the pool.
Curt

bob smit
05-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Laughingly I remember a tough carpenter grabbing a drop that I was tying up to a new mast to help me. He was laughing because I had my insulated gloves on.
Not only did he let go in the biggest of hurry, he kept shaking and throwing his hand about as though he had the booger from hell stuck to it. It left a perfect X-ray picture of a triplex on his hand! AH, the memories;)

Gunnar Alquist
05-29-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm not following the "Perfectly safe" part.

I think Curt meant "perfectly safe for Curt" :cool:

Ted Menelly
05-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Crazyness.. CA style

If it were a movie I would have liked to see what happened when the live wires hit the pool with a half dozen people in it. Shake, rattle and POP!

- - - Updated - - -

Crazyness.. CA style

If it were a movie I would have liked to see what happened when the live wires hit the pool with a half dozen people in it ;) Shake, rattle and POP! NOt sure if I ever saw that in a movie or not. I guess I would have remembered.

Curt Downs
05-29-2013, 06:45 PM
I think Curt meant "perfectly safe for Curt" :cool:

It's called thinning of the herd. Hey, wait a minute......... Thanks to Jerry, I canceled my 'twirling trip.'

Lon Henderson
05-30-2013, 06:07 AM
I wonder what is actually "perfectly safe"?