PDA

View Full Version : Sauna

David Szucs
05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
We have in our facility in Seattle WA the largest steam room in two sections. I'm planing to close the half of the steam room down, and have another opening from the other end (door way) in the half another door between steam room and sauna. The front room will operate at is right now a steam room the other half with the new door on the end and cedar on the floors benches and walls the sauna. In the beck has two existing showers. Is that legal to have the shower in the sauna? It's closed walls and shower doors on. The existing size for the whole room are 32'X20' the steam room will be after remodeling 20'X20' door in the front entrance new door the excess to the sauna or beck to the steam. The sauna will be 14'X20' and another new door on the end.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks

David

Rick Cantrell
05-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Please let me know your thoughts, thanks

David
Not trying to brush you off, but this is a question for someone other than home inspectors.
Try an architect or general contractor in your area.
Maybe even manufactures of steam/sauna room equipment.

Jim Robinson
05-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Rick is right. There may be someone on here that coincidentally knows the answer to this, but this is way out into the commercial use side, and that's not what most of us work with.

David Szucs
05-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Not trying to brush you off, but this is a question for someone other than home inspectors.
Try an architect or general contractor in your area.
Maybe even manufactures of steam/sauna room equipment.

You right Rick I will contact one architect friend.
Thanks,

- - - Updated - - -

Rick is right. There may be someone on here that coincidentally knows the answer to this, but this is way out into the commercial use side, and that's not what most of us work with.

Thanks Jim for taking the time, I will contact one architect friend and ask him.

David