PDA

View Full Version : foundation insulation or drainage board or expansion material

Jeff Zehnder
06-25-2013, 05:32 AM
Ran into this on foundation walls and retaining walls on recent new home inspection.
Anyone have any ideas what this is?
I looks a little like insulting duct material, it is fibrous??

Photo shows retaining wall

Fred Weck
06-25-2013, 06:59 AM
It's Tuff-n-dri; it's an insulation and a part of a foundation waterproofing system. It acts as a drainage plane.

Mark Reinmiller
06-25-2013, 05:31 PM
It's Tuff-n-dri; it's an insulation and a part of a foundation waterproofing system. It acts as a drainage plane.

I believe the manufacturer considers it a drainage plane, insulation, and a protective covering for the water-proofing.

Harry Janssen
06-26-2013, 07:10 PM
It acts as all of the above,works well.

Jeff Zehnder
06-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I attempted to find out information on the brand mentioned but none of their product has the fibrous look and characteristic of the materials in my post??

Mark Reinmiller
06-27-2013, 10:30 AM
I attempted to find out information on the brand mentioned but none of their product has the fibrous look and characteristic of the materials in my post??

I can't tell from the photo what the material is. Tuff-N-Dri or others I have seen use rigid fiberglass. Was it different from that?

Mike Kleisch
06-28-2013, 08:10 AM
This might help, sometimes it might be more white looking, probably depends on who makes it. But, this is a fiberglass type 4'x4' (Warm-N-Dri) board material, think from Owens Corning, the pink people... :p

http://www.jlconline.com/Images/tmp9D5.tmp_tcm96-1132948.jpg