PDA

View Full Version : Exterior walkpaths - - Question for Texas boys and girls!

RobertSmith
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM

Rick Hurst
04-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Bubba,

You can add another category to your report.

I added "Exterior Walkways" "Driveway" to the report behind where "Porch(s) is located.

Remember, you can always add to the TREC report, you cannot take away from it.

By the way, I wouldn't call it "exterior flooring".

BARRY ADAIR
04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Robert,

I've always used this for exterior pavement features, retaining walls, fencing...and wrote the item I was describing

I. STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS
K. Other Item Comment:

I agree with Rick, how did you come up with "exterior flooring" for sidewalks or walkpaths?

Richard Rushing
04-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I had always put these under "Exterior Grading and Drainage" with notations regarding the sepcific features such as;

Sidewalks
Retaining walls
Fencing
Trees too close to foundation
RailingsI've never done it, but I wonder if it could be done to create another section 'L' under Structural Systems as "OTHER EXTERIOR COMPONENTS"

Richard

BARRY ADAIR
04-07-2007, 04:54 AM
If a report is ever questioned or reviewed under the TREC Complaint process it will go to Enforcement- enforce@trec.state.tx.us
If you have further questions about reporting or the 7A-0 Report I would contact General Council- DevonB@trec.state.tx.us
She has always replied to my e-mails in a very timely manner.

Eric Shuman
04-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Good advice form Barry, just to be safe!

I am with Richard and put pathway issues under grading and drainage section just as I would if there were a depression or hole in the soil/yard that might be a trip hazard. IMO, I think that as long as you call it out clearly as a repair item, any of the sections mentioned above would be o.k. but I am not on the TREC committee!

Interior stairways should be under the floor and ceiling section.

Eric

George Koehl
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I put all comments and issues regarding "Paved surfaces" under grading and drainage. Since the SoP doesn't really define what to put under grading and drainage I figure sidewalks, driveways, and other paved surfaces have an affect on site drainage (pro or con).