PDA

View Full Version : Conduit out of foundation

DavidSmith
08-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Is there any code preventing electrical conduit from being routed out of the foundation in this manner? (It goes to the oven). I don't think there is but I wanted another set of eyes double checking me.

thank you very much for your help

David

Darrel Hood
08-17-2013, 06:09 AM
There is no photo with your post. If the conduit is more or less a riser to the intended point of use or into a wall cavity to serve a receptacle box, that is appropriate.

DavidSmith
08-17-2013, 06:11 AM
There is no photo with your post. If the conduit is more or less a riser to the intended point of use or into a wall cavity to serve a receptacle box, that is appropriate.

Whoops! Sorry....new to this thing! Here's the photo.

Darrel Hood
08-17-2013, 06:52 AM
In my experience, that type of conduit is used for low voltage wiring such as data cables etc. I would have no problem with it unless I believed it somehow compromised the structure of the slab.

Markus Keller
08-19-2013, 05:48 AM
Doesn't look like conduit, looks like that plastic stuff people buy to put all their computer wires together so they aren't all over the floor.
As far as the foundation goes a drilled hole wouldn't bother me but that looks more like a trench. Depending on how deep in both directions the trench goes, general wall conditions at that location, load and method of trenching it could or could not be a problem.

Jim Port
08-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Robert has posted the correct article for that type of conduit.

Roland Miller
08-20-2013, 06:47 AM
This specifically applies to the question:

(6) Encased in poured concrete, or embedded in a concrete
slab on grade where ENT is placed on sand or ap-
proved screenings, provided fittings identified for this
purpose are used for connections.
(7) For wet locations indoors as permitted in this section or
in a concrete slab on or belowgrade, with fittings listed
for the purpose.