PDA

View Full Version : Remember Me???

Jack Feldmann
04-06-2007, 04:25 PM
For some reason I can not get my computer to remember me and my password to NOT have to type my name in each time I sign on.
I must be doing something wrong.

Remember, my home computer is a Mac, the work on is a Dell (PC).
\Thanks
JF

Bruce Thomas
04-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Jack,

I get the same thing. My virus software deletes the cookies. I use only PC's not sure about Mac's

Bruce

Scott Patterson
04-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I had to take off my Privacy setting for it to work.

Rick Hurst
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Jack,

I have always had that problem even on the old board.

The problem now is worse. Every thread I click on takes forever to download as if I'm on dial-up. Sometimes takes 2 minutes for a page to fully download.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any help would be appreciated. I've deleted all temp. internet files, old cookies, put privacy on low level but not to help at all.

Jim Luttrall
04-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I am using a PC with Windows XP on both laptop and desktop and I have none of the problems yu guys mention. It sounds like your settings are causing the problem but I'm not sure how to handle the fix.
Good luck, Jim

Bruce Breedlove
04-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies for inspectionnews.net. (You may have set it to accept cookies from the .com site but not the .net site.)

Tim Moreira
04-06-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm the same as Jim, no problems on my desk or lap top. I stay logged in all the time.

However, the computers at work initially had the check box already checked when I first signed on with the new board. Since these are public computers, I did not want to have my name and password left on there so I unchecked them.

Now every time I sign into them the check mark is not checked. However, after logging out I always return to the homepage to see if my name and password are still up there.

I wonder if this is something Brian has changed. :confused:

Bruce Thomas
04-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Rick,

You may not have enough RAM. RAM is like tools and toys, you can't have too much.

Bruce

Nolan Kienitz
04-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Brian,

When logging off "Inspection News" I get a message that all cookies have been cleared.

Apparently that is also clearing my "login" information as I have to rekey it each and every time with the new Forum.

I've checked my browser's setting for cookies and the inspectionnews.net is a valid URL, but does not have all the entries that inspeectionnews.com has under it.

Curious.. :confused:

UPDATE: I just checked my browser's information while logged into the Forum and the login and password is in the cookie file. When I log out of the Forum some routine in the Forum clears those cookies and information.

Appears to be a toggle in the new Forum and I've not yet run across where it is to change.

Nolan Kienitz
04-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I had to take off my Privacy setting for it to work.

Scott,

Privacy setting within the Inspections News Forum or one on your PC: Browser or Anti-virus, etc.?

Erby Crofutt
04-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Try this: (No guarantee).

Click

Tools
Internet Options

Click the Privacy Tab
Click the Sites button

Type "Inspectionnews.net" in the "address of website" window.

Click the "allow" button

Click OK

Click OK

That's all, folks.

Brian Hannigan
04-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Nolan,

The system is working correctly.

If you log out it will clear your cookies. That is what that option is for. If you were at a public computer you would want to log out so that the next person could not log into your account.

If you are on you own computer you want to click "Keep me logged in" when you log in and when you leave just go on to another site or close your browser, do not log out. That way you will you will will stay logged in next time you arrive to the site.

Richard Rushing
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Here is what my computer keeps doing to my files...

What gives?

Rich

Scott Patterson
04-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Scott,

Privacy setting within the Inspections News Forum or one on your PC: Browser or Anti-virus, etc.?

I was talking about the one that is on most Anti-virus programs. But it looks like Brian answered the question.

I never log out and I don't have any problems.

Mike Schulz
04-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Dial Up! My Lord there is some Dinosaurs on this board :D

Rick Hurst
04-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Mike,

Think you mis-read my post. It says "as if" I was on dial up.

This high speed internet I have is just not working for me on this board at this time.

I've been on the line with my internet provider and they have had me adjust all my settings, done a speed test on the line but no luck so far.

Each page is taking a minute or more to download.

Rick

Mike Schulz
04-09-2007, 05:22 PM
:o My bad!:p

Mike Schulz
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
RicK,
I don't think it's all you. I think Brians server is a little slow or something. When I bring up the forum it takes a little longer then any other site I browse.

Nolan Kienitz
04-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Try this: (No guarantee).
Click
Tools
Internet Options
That's all, folks. ..........

Erby,

Tnx. I migrate between Firefox and IE7. Firefox deals with them a tad differently, but did get it ironed out.

Also noted Brian does have it set to "clear" cookies as he indicates for "common public location" usage.

I've just preferred to 'log out' of sites when I'm done and moving on elsewhere.

Tnx again.

Nolan Kienitz
04-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi Nolan,

The system is working correctly.

If you log out it will clear your cookies. That is what that option is for. If you were at a public computer you would want to log out so that the next person could not log into your account.

If you are on you own computer you want to click "Keep me logged in" when you log in and when you leave just go on to another site or close your browser, do not log out. That way you will you will will stay logged in next time you arrive to the site.

Brian,

Tnx for clarity. I have a habit to log out of sites when I'm done and move on to other things. This mature dog may try to relearn a habit and leave myself logged in all the time.

But then Scott or Erby may give me a call at 3:00AM just to check and see if I'm really at the keyboard !! :D