PDA

View Full Version : New product - for me anyway!

Phillip Stojanik
09-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I ran into a trap device on a lavatory sink that I have not encountered before and I wanted to see if anyone has any additional information about this device. There was some writing on the side but I could not get my head in the right place to read it and when I took a picture I still could not make out the writing.

Anyone familiar with this trap device? It has a knob on the side and when its turned it sweeps a baffle through a full circle and clears out the trap. I was mostly interested in finding out if this device is code compliant in regard to design and material.

Rick Cantrell
09-07-2013, 08:42 AM
I seen advertisement for it but forget what its called.
Susposed too be able to clear the trap.
BTW
Not approved

Phillip Stojanik
09-07-2013, 08:42 AM
I ran into a trap device on a lavatory sink that I have not encountered before and I wanted to see if anyone has any additional information about this device. There was some writing on the side but I could not get my head in the right place to read it and when I took a picture I still could not make out the writing.

Anyone familiar with this trap device? It has a knob on the side and when its turned it sweeps a baffle through a full circle and clears out the trap. I was mostly interested in finding out if this device is code compliant in regard to design and material.

OK 10 minutes after posting here I found my answers. Follow the link below in case you have not run into these before now.

http://www.pfwaterworks.net/images/dealer/PermaFLOW%20-%20Brochure.pdf

Mark Reinmiller
09-07-2013, 06:00 PM

But wait, if you call right now we will give you another one for free and ....

Mike Lamb
09-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I have never seen one till now. It's not code compliant but it doesn't look like such a bad thing if I did see one in the field.

P3201.5 Prohibited trap designs.

Scott Patterson
09-09-2013, 06:19 AM
I would not get into it being code compliant or not in my report. I would note it as a unique and unusual trap and that unique and unusual things tend to perform in unique and unusual ways. In other words, you have no clue about it's future performance.

Dana Bostick
09-21-2013, 07:11 AM

It's a little tiny waterwheel to generate power to charge their electric shaver.;)

Joe Palmer
09-23-2013, 10:24 PM
But wait! If you're one of the first ten million people to order, we'll include a warp drive FREE!!! Actually, I think it's called the "Clear Trap" or some other claptrap (punny, eh?)...not code compliant as the water seal is easily broken by evaporation.

don agel
09-28-2013, 12:12 AM
I seen advertisement for it but forget what its called.
Susposed too be able to clear the trap.
BTW
Not approved

Guess "not being approved" would have to be taken up with the manufacturer who has written on the ad provided for the product, "code compliant-UPC, IPC, IRC"?

Rick Cantrell
09-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Guess "not being approved" would have to be taken up with the manufacturer who has written on the ad provided for the product, "code compliant-UPC, IPC, IRC"?

Don't believe everything you see written in ads

From the 2006 IRC (Bold added)
P3201.5 Prohibited trap designs. The following types of
traps are prohibited:
1. Bell traps.
2. Separate fixture traps with interior partitions, except
those lavatory traps made of plastic, stainless steel or
other corrosion-resistant material.
3. ā€œSā€ traps.
4. Drum traps.
5. Trap designs with moving parts.

don agel