PDA

View Full Version : Amateur plumber does a remodel

Sam Morris
10-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Does anyone see anything wrong with this plumbing job ?

Rick Cantrell
10-03-2013, 05:48 PM
The discharge hose from the dishwasher is not secured to the tail piece nipple with a clamp.
Other than that, looks like most others.;)
Added in edit
I'm not sure they used the proper size mop to apply the primer on the water lines.

Markus Keller
10-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Nice way to make water dizzy

John Kogel
10-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Too bad those traps don't come in clear plastic. That would be entertaining to watch. :D

Vern Heiler
10-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Too bad those traps don't come in clear plastic. That would be entertaining to watch. :D
John, you need to get some new reading material for the head:D.

John Kogel
10-04-2013, 06:46 AM
John, you need to get some new reading material for the head:D.Yeah, for the butt, got the Yellow pages. ;)

Rod Butler
10-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Off topic just a little but it reminded me of a few cool things that can be done with water. :p

Billy Stephens
10-15-2013, 02:41 PM

Salon Quick Clean Clear PVC Hair Trap Shampoo Bowl Sink Part | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALON-QUICK-CLEAN-CLEAR-PVC-HAIR-TRAP-SHAMPOO-BOWL-SINK-PART-/251039205069)

Alan M Singer
10-24-2013, 06:35 AM
29570Seeing that plumbing reminded me of this little demotivational poster.

don agel
10-27-2013, 11:22 AM
The discharge hose from the dishwasher is not secured to the tail piece nipple with a clamp.
Other than that, looks like most others.;)
Added in edit
I'm not sure they used the proper size mop to apply the primer on the water lines.

Rick went soft on this one, I will finish where he left off on pic one:

Pic 1
1.The dishwasher drain line is lacking a raised loop in the line higher than where connecting to the sink drain pipe.
2. Illegal trap.
3.Unsealed holes in cabinet.
4.Cross threaded drain nut at base of right sink basin.
5. Improperly graded drain pipe
6. Disconnected sink sprayer supply line.
7. Hazard a guess that the rubber seal at the base of the left basin is going to allow leakage when the strainer basin is in place and the sink gets about 3/4 full as it looks as if the majority of the seal has spread out to the left.

Further thoughts after seeing this pic is:

1. If the kitchen sink was even sealed or secured to the counter-top?
2. If the dishwasher was secured to the cabinet/counter, or if the supply and drain lines on that have been done properly. (I'd be taking off the base plate and grabbing a flashlight.)
3. The connection of the drain piping beneath this area.

Can't stop laughing enough to comment on the other two photos. Let me guess, homeowner plumbing special on this home of which he was most likely so proud to have boasted about it during the inspection. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow I don't think the homeowner's policy has a"dumb idea" clause

don agel
10-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Salon Quick Clean Clear PVC Hair Trap Shampoo Bowl Sink Part | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALON-QUICK-CLEAN-CLEAR-PVC-HAIR-TRAP-SHAMPOO-BOWL-SINK-PART-/251039205069)

Can't believe they can charge so much for something not approved for usage.

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic just a little but it reminded me of a few cool things that can be done with water. :p

I don't think I would be drinking tap water around there ;)

Garry Sorrells
10-27-2013, 04:43 PM

Every remodeling job starts with a little demolition. Some use a hamer others use a club.