PDA

View Full Version : I need to raise my prices

Matt Fellman
10-31-2013, 12:48 PM
I should reserve the right to tack on a hazardous duty surcharge.

Steven Turetsky
10-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Gee Matt, what are you talking about?

Jim Robinson
10-31-2013, 02:46 PM
What was "This Side"? What a disaster that place is.

Jack Feldmann
10-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Meth lab????

Nick Ostrowski
10-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Looks like some Temple University frat houses I've seen.

John Kogel
10-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Shoulda bought a backhoe when you had the chance. :D

Ken Rowe
10-31-2013, 09:52 PM
I always wonder why they want to pay for an inspection on places like that.

Garry Sorrells
11-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Maybe you should charge less, since there is less to do. No windows to check for operation, no electric to look at in detail, no appliances to look at if functional and so on....:pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2: Looks like a sight seeing trip...

Vern Heiler
11-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Maybe you should charge less, since there is less to do. No windows to check for operation, no electric to look at in detail, no appliances to look at if functional and so on....:pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2: Looks like a sight seeing trip...
I have to agree. Looks like the walls are in pretty good condition for the anger that was in that home. Most expensive repair looks like the electrical (never seen that done before). The reason a HI is needed is to determine the extent of the damage. I had one a couple of years ago where the water heater had been removed and when the city turned on the water the house was drenched. Water sprayed on the ceiling and walls before they turned it back off. Now that was a mess! Oh ya, and there was a pile of human crap at the front door:mad:.

Billy Stephens
11-01-2013, 11:37 AM
I had one a couple of years ago where the water heater had been removed and when the city turned on the water the house was drenched. Water sprayed on the ceiling and walls before they turned it back off.

Or the drains plugged and the water turned on before leaving.
*check the drywall a foot or lower with a moisture meter.

Matt Fellman
11-01-2013, 12:35 PM
I was actually only there to do a crawl space pest/dry rot inspection on 14 units. This was the unit with the access hatch. Of course, there was no power and it's funny.... I just snapped a few pictures to document things and didn't even realize just how bad it was until I got home since it was totally dark :)

Stuart Brooks
11-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Wimps!
I once had a second attempt inspection at a townhouse in Woodbridge VA. When I got there the real estate agent was standing outside and wouldn't let me go in the house. It seems someone had broken out a window and she was afraid someone may still be inside. She had called the police. Well, in the best "Cops" format, the police showed up and went in with guns drawn. In the mean time I had sidled over to the broken window and found a pair of sunglasses and blood on the broken glass in the window and on the ground. I knew no one was inside and they never got in. The window was a metal frame with clip locks at the bottom. The really smart attempting burglar had broken the glass at mid window and lo and behold the lock wasn't there. It was at the bottom of the window. The fool tried to reach through the broken glass down to the lock clips and must have slit the heck out of his arm. Longer story abbreviated - no one was found inside and since the AC wasn't working in mid summer, I had to put an ice pack on the thermostat to get the furnace to start.

I've seen worse than in the pictures. Short sales and estate sales. The estate sales were the worst. The family's had come in and trashed the place from one end to the other looking for something they may want to keep. :p

Mike Lamb
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I wear a respirator and latex gloves if there is rotting garbage thrown about, and/or excessive human or animal excrement on the floors and walls.

Rick Cantrell
11-02-2013, 03:01 PM
I wear a respirator and latex gloves if there is rotting garbage thrown about, and/or excessive human or animal excrement on the floors and walls.
Try as I might, I just can't let this stand without saying something.
Got pictures?

Ken Rowe
11-02-2013, 08:49 PM
... and/or excessive human or animal excrement on the floors and walls.

Yeesh, I'd wear one with minimal human excrement.

Mike Lamb
11-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Got pictures?

Probably. I should have a distressed buildings file.