PDA

View Full Version : Beards

Rick Cantrell
11-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Have you seen the Capital One commercial "Family Reunion"?
I have. I told my wife that I think I should enter a Beard growing contest.
I shave each morning, and it seems that by 9:30 (am) I need to shave again.
If I skip a day, WOW, get the lawn mower out.
Anyhow, for your viewing enjoyment, I present to you
Family Reunion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cemiLAxrUvk)

Bob Elliott
11-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Have you seen the Capital One commercial "Family Reunion"?
I have. I told my wife that I think I should enter a Beard growing contest.
I shave each morning, and it seems that by 9:30 (am) I need to shave again.
If I skip a day, WOW, get the lawn mower out.
Anyhow, for your viewing enjoyment, I present to you
Family Reunion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cemiLAxrUvk)

looks like a commercial for isn.

Bruce Ramsey
11-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Had a beard for 34+ years. Decided to start shaving about a year ago. What a royal pain in the arse! My beard was more salt than pepper. Look about 5 years younger without my beard.

Miss having a beard every morning while shaving. Figure I should try shaving since most other men do. Only took about 9 months for my skin to toughen up enough it doesnt hurt all day.

Rick Cantrell
11-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Had a beard for 34+ years. Decided to start shaving about a year ago. What a royal pain in the arse! My beard was more salt than pepper. Look about 5 years younger without my beard.

Miss having a beard every morning while shaving. Figure I should try shaving since most other men do. Only took about 9 months for my skin to toughen up enough it doesnt hurt all day.
I had my beard for 23 years,. It was completely white. Shaved it off about a year ago because I had to wear a dust mask.
HATE saving every morning.

Mike Kleisch
11-04-2013, 07:38 AM

I'm afraid to ask, but saving what??? ;)

Rick Cantrell
11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm afraid to ask, but saving what??? ;)
It kinda concerns me that you even ask.:)

H.G. Watson, Sr.
11-04-2013, 10:52 PM
I had my beard for 23 years,. It was completely white. Shaved it off about a year ago because I had to wear a dust mask.

HATE saving every morningI'm afraid to ask, but saving what??? ;)

I'm afraid to ask, but saving what???It kinda concerns me that you even ask.:)

Rick,

Enjoying a few effervenscent beverages?

What are you saving (no "h") now each morning by sHaving?

(did you spend excessive time beard trimming/brushing-combing/mustache-waxing previously each morning? some sort of special beard bleaching/shampooing ritual; lost time in awe-struck daze while admiring the formerly white bearded reflection in the mirror each morning)?

And why do you HATE saving it? (no "h" in saving - and the 'it' is understood/implied subject/ to be the beard {trimmings} man! -- so WHY are you saving IT ??? - that would be rather unusual behavior, e.g. 'anal retentive' "OCD" or odd - saving one's shaved beard trimmings - understand?)

I think you missed not only typing the "H" (and in the reading of it having been quoted), but also the joke.

The quoting responsive question wasn't about what you are SHAVING; but was about what you hate SAVING (note: no "H" in "SAVING" which is what you typed) and just what it is that you SAVE.

Rick Cantrell
11-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Rick,

Enjoying a few effervenscent beverages?

What are you saving (no "h") now each morning by sHaving?

(did you spend excessive time beard trimming/brushing-combing/mustache-waxing previously each morning? some sort of special beard bleaching/shampooing ritual; lost time in awe-struck daze while admiring the formerly white bearded reflection in the mirror each morning)?

And why do you HATE saving it? (no "h" in saving - and the 'it' is understood/implied subject/ to be the beard {trimmings} man! -- so WHY are you saving IT ??? - that would be rather unusual behavior, e.g. 'anal retentive' "OCD" or odd - saving one's shaved beard trimmings - understand?)

I think you missed not only typing the "H" (and in the reading of it having been quoted), but also the joke.

The quoting responsive question wasn't about what you are SHAVING; but was about what you hate SAVING (note: no "H" in "SAVING" which is what you typed) and just what it is that you SAVE.
True on both accounts.
I missed the "h", and then missed the joke that referred to it.

It's strange that I can read someone else post and see errors, but in my own post I am sometimes blind. I guess it's because I know what I thought I said.

Rick Cantrell
11-06-2013, 07:27 AM
True on both accounts.
I missed the "h", and then missed the joke that referred to it.

It's strange that I can read someone else post and see errors, but in my own post I am sometimes blind. I guess it's because I know what I thought I said.
I forgot to say
Thank you Mr Watson for pointing out what went right by me.
Yep that "h" changes everything.