PDA

View Full Version : Gas manifold

Jeff Eastman
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Jim Luttrall
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Is that CSST?
No problems I am aware of with the manifold, but if CSST, then bonding is required to lessen risk of lightening damage according to the class action settlement. Of course all gas piping is already required to be bonded, but the settlement provides money to get bonding done.
CSST Settlement - Home Page (http://www.pddocs.com/csst/default.aspx)

Jerry Peck
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Lack of support for the CSST, the weight of the CSST itself could cause those to flex over and crimp. 'Not likely', but 'could', they need to be supported and secured there.

I see the regulator has a vent limiter in it, that's good.

Richard Rushing
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
What JP just described is where I have found several leaks-- at the connectors due to the torque being put on by the bend.

Rick Hurst
10-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Surprised that much weight and torque on those lines have not caused that bracing to be pulled over or at least moved.

Not the work of the Romans for sure.

rick

wayne soper
10-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Jim, CSST settlement period is over. No more dough! Excess flow valve installation are a good idea also on any CSST manifold along with the bonding..

Jim Luttrall
10-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Good catch Wayne, it has been a while since I actually read anything on that site.

From that site, about the bonding requirements:

The LPS was installed in accordance with NFPA 780 or UL standards;

Does anyone have access to NFPA 780 or the UL standards pertaining to the bonding requirements?
Thanks, Jim