PDA

View Full Version : Another - Anyone Know What This Thing Is?

Stuart Brooks
01-02-2014, 08:12 PM
This doohickey was on the supply line from a well. No other information was visible. I have never seen one before.

John Kogel
01-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I had never seen one till I saw this one. But I know what it is. It is a valve on a well water line. ;)

You can set the valve by degrees to reduce flow. This way the pump, probably a submersible, can only deliver what you allow it to. Keeps the pump from sucking air where there is a slow recovery.

Stuart Brooks
01-03-2014, 12:39 AM
I had never seen one till I saw this one. But I know what it is. It is a valve on a well water line. ;)

You can set the valve by degrees to reduce flow. This way the pump, probably a submersible, can only deliver what you allow it to. Keeps the pump from sucking air where there is a slow recovery.

Thanks! Now I know.

Dana Bostick
01-03-2014, 06:50 PM
It obviously allows one to adjust the angle of the water coming out of the pipe! :D

Mike Wakefield
01-03-2014, 09:15 PM
If there is significant sediment in the well, it can be avoided by limiting the flowrate from the well. I have used this technique on a personal well, which will pump 12 gpm with lots of sediment, or pretty clean water at 2 gpm.

Michael Chambers
01-06-2014, 08:35 AM
It obviously allows one to adjust the angle of the water coming out of the pipe! :D

I think I like your answer. It's obviously being used to avoid having to install so many elbows in the piping. :confused: