PDA

View Full Version : The Foreclosure Blues

Michael Thomas
10-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Real winner of a “winterizing” job at today’s foreclosure. First, badly burned the back of my hand on the boiler’s recirculating pump removing the boiler’s front cover – the idiots did not notice the power switch for the boiler was reversed (off was up) and the pump had run for two months with no water in the boiler – the pump housing measured 327F with the IR thermometer. Then, the client comes and tells me the WH is running… sure enough; the idiots had drained it, but not turned it off at the gas valve or the in-line valve in the supply line, and the burner had kicked on.

"Welcome to our foreclosure!"

Rick Hurst
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
There is no pride in taking care of a home anymore.

We live in such a disposable society, that homes have become as such.

Maintenance is a thing of the past and the larger the home, it seems to worsen.

I know I have tried to move away from it or those who don't care about their homes, but it seems you can't run far enough.

rick

Billy Stephens
10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
There is no pride in taking care of a home anymore.
rick

Rick,

I'm sure their Rebuttal would sound something like.

??? It Came on the Last Time I used IT! :rolleyes:

Michael Thomas
10-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, now I truly HAVE seen everything...

The clients walked on the property above, told me that I had not charged them enough for the value of the service they had received, and insisted on paying me what they thought the inspecton and report were actually worth...

Michael Thomas
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Yet another "Chicago Style Winterization" yesterday. Even the termites had left town for the winter. Plenty of "Caution Winterized" stickers, though.

Nick Ostrowski
01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Michael, as much as I have complained about inspecting dumps like these as well, I would gladly be inspecting that house as opposed to what I have been inspecting lately which is nothing. Hopefully things will pick up a little bit now that the holidays have passed and the weather around here being pretty good.

Rick Hurst
01-06-2008, 12:35 AM
That toolbag on the window sill looks a bit like a purse. :D

rick

Dom D'Agostino
01-06-2008, 10:37 AM
That toolbag on the window sill looks a bit like a purse. :D

rick

European carry-all.;)

Michael Thomas
01-06-2008, 03:31 PM
You should have have seen the Realtor's "purse".