PDA

View Full Version : Wh buildings need to be anchored down even during construction

Jerry Peck
01-16-2014, 09:36 AM
I had a link to a full 46 second video but that video was taken down, now all I can find are the 16 second clips (of the best part, though).

Why inspections are needed, why contractors need to anchor buildings down even during construction, and ... oh just see for yourselves :)

RALEIGH: Hurricane-strength winds rip through Triangle | Weather News | NewsObserver.com (http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/01/11/3523844/funnel-cloud-spotted-tornado-warnings.html)

Garry Sorrells
01-17-2014, 03:57 AM
Anchoring or was it diagonal bracing at cause of failure. Saw the original news clip but not any follow-up as to cause other than wind. Did you hear of the cause of the lateral structural failure?

Vern Heiler
01-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Anchoring or was it diagonal bracing at cause of failure. Saw the original news clip but not any follow-up as to cause other than wind. Did you hear of the cause of the lateral structural failure?
That was the first thing I noticed, no sheathing had been installed at the corners of he building.