PDA

View Full Version : My new house

Matt Fellman
01-23-2014, 09:30 AM
So, we had a pretty good year in 2013 and I've been looking around..... I think I found something. I called the agent and they said it just needs a little TLC. She said I really must see the inside to fully appreciate it. Anyhow, what do you think?

Vern Heiler
01-23-2014, 10:00 AM
So, we had a pretty good year in 2013 and I've been looking around..... I think I found something. I called the agent and they said it just needs a little TLC. She said I really must see the inside to fully appreciate it. Anyhow, what do you think?
Ah, the blue roof district.

So what would you do if you showed up for an inspection at something like this? Flat NO? No with an explanation? Ok, but this is going to cost!

Jerry Peck
01-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Ah, the blue roof district.

So what would you do if you showed up for an inspection at something like this? Flat NO? No with an explanation? Ok, but this is going to cost!

That's not even a one pager report - that's a one paragraph report: Arrived at specified inspection location, no habitable structure found, did find a structure in process of self-demolition - Recommendation is to assist the structure with its self-demolition for the benefit and best interests of all involved, there are two ways to accomplish this: a) bring in several dumpsters and a Caterpillar D9; b) invite the local fire department over for a pratice burn.

John Kogel
01-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Pic 1, that balcony needs a railing and the ladder needs a handrail.
On the left, is that a chimney or a lightning rod?
Did they save a receipt for the tarp, maybe see if there's a warranty?

Pic 2, are the yard ornaments included? Do you think there might be rodents in there? :D

Gunnar Alquist
01-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Matt,

Your information is faulty. My house is NOT for sale! Your derogatory comments are not appreciated. It has good bones... :cool:

Matt Fellman
01-23-2014, 10:46 PM
The strange thing to me was the newer, somewhat expensive cars in the driveway. I'm thinking that Jeep Cherokee is worth more than the whole property.

I was on the roof of an apartment building next door and the scary thing was the houses on all sides looked pretty much the same. In general, it wasn't even a bad area... just a lot of neighborhood "charm" :)

Jeff Zehnder
01-24-2014, 10:11 AM
The strange thing to me was the newer, somewhat expensive cars in the driveway. I'm thinking that Jeep Cherokee is worth more than the whole property.

I was on the roof of an apartment building next door and the scary thing was the houses on all sides looked pretty much the same. In general, it wasn't even a bad area... just a lot of neighborhood "charm" :)

Paint and new Tarps!!!

Jerry Peck
01-24-2014, 04:17 PM
The weather-worn camouflage coloring kinda grows on you ... NOT! :tsk:

John Ghent
01-25-2014, 05:51 AM
At least the indoor plumbing is vented.

Stuart Brooks
01-29-2014, 12:14 PM
TLC - by Caterpillar.

Steven Turetsky
01-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Be careful what you say about this house. You may piss off the agent.

Jerry Peck
01-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Be careful what you say about this house. You may piss off the agent.

Why... does he/she live there? ;)