PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Home SEC

Jim Robinson
10-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Sparky said the SEC on the ground was code compliant. I don't care that much, as it is a no brainer to me that the cord should be protected from physical damage. I just wanted to clarify if that is indeed compliant for a mobile home or if it would be required to be protected. Does anyone know the current code for mobile home SEC? I know they have their own codes on a lot of things.

The seller is pissed because it didn't sell, so he fired off a letter to me stating all of the "mistakes" on my report.

Scott Patterson
10-21-2007, 09:52 AM
In most areas manufactured homes fall under the Department of Transportation. HUD has a good amount of information on them, and I bet that you could support your findings with the NEC.

Me, I would not even bother replying to the seller.

Victor DaGraca
10-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Try this site.
Mobile Home Inspection Guide - How to inspect mobile homes, trailers, doublewides, Mobile Home Codes/Standards for manufactured homes, manufactured home dealers, manufactured home community, mobile home dealers, prefab homes, factory-built homes, pre (http://www.inspect-ny.com/structure/mobileinspections.htm#prty)

Gunnar Alquist
10-21-2007, 05:44 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it is acceptable for 50 amps or less. Greater than 50 amps needs to be in a conduit. However, as a consultant, you certainly have the right and responsibility to recommend more than the bare minimum requirement. A rubber cord lying on the ground is subject to physical damage and protecting the cord is a really good idea.