PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Water Pressure Gauges

Ron Tipton
02-14-2014, 02:21 PM
I've used numerous different manufacturers of water pressure gauges but continue to have the same problem. After I use it a few times, the gauge gets stuck at between 40 and 60 and will not reset. Currently, I am using Rainbird gauges and have now taken back 5 over the last 3 months. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Denver, so we use frost free faucets. I wonder if air is causing the problem.

Jim Luttrall
02-14-2014, 02:40 PM
I've used numerous different manufacturers of water pressure gauges but continue to have the same problem. After I use it a few times, the gauge gets stuck at between 40 and 60 and will not reset. Currently, I am using Rainbird gauges and have now taken back 5 over the last 3 months. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Denver, so we use frost free faucets. I wonder if air is causing the problem.
I buy the liquid filled (Glycerin?) from professional equipment (can't recall the brand) for around $25 each and have few problems. You MUST protect from freezing though. Take them inside with you each night during cold weather.

Scott Patterson
02-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Sounds like the are freezing.

Ron Tipton
02-14-2014, 03:06 PM
It never occurred to me that they might freeze causing the problem. Great advise! I'll bring them in.
Thanks.

Dana Bostick
02-17-2014, 02:53 AM
It never occurred to me that they might freeze causing the problem. Great advise! I'll bring them in.
Thanks.

Just keep them with your brass monkeys.:p

Fidel Gonzales
02-17-2014, 06:44 AM

Hi Ron,

I had the same problem and was told not to leave it my truck over night in the winter.