PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Ads on Inspection News

John Arnold
02-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Really? Online chatting with hotties from Ukraine?
5000+ Thai Women Seeking Love?
What's next?

Scott Patterson
02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Google ads! They are based on what you search for! :D

I'm seeing Flir IR ads and Disney World ads because I have been looking at the IR cameras and pricing a trip for the family to Disney........

Billy Stephens
02-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Really? Online chatting with hotties from Ukraine?
5000+ Thai Women Seeking Love?
What's next?

Google ads! They are based on what you search for! :D

I'm seeing Flir IR ads and Disney World ads because I have been looking at the IR cameras and pricing a trip for the family to Disney........

How Come I never get no Hotties??
*oh never mind. :D

Steven Turetsky
02-27-2014, 04:13 PM
I got my wife online at one of them places, actually she got me.

Jerry Peck
02-27-2014, 04:15 PM
Google ads are, as previously stated, based on what you look for, however, to get the hotties mentioned previously go to the upper right corner of the Sponored Links box and place your cursor over the gray box with the triangle thingy (technical term) in it - you can adjust your ad choices there.

I found out that when you disable the ads based on your searches the ads don't go away (as I had hoped) ... the ads based on your choices are now replaced with random ads from everything Google has (at least it seems that way), and some of those ads should not be on Inspectionnews, but that is (I suspect) beyond Brian's control as he makes money and keeps this going with Google ads.

I've been tempted to re-change my ad choices but the other ads were not much better.

John Arnold
02-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Stupid Google.
I was searching for hotties from Turkmenistan!

Billy Stephens
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Stupid Google.
I was searching for hotties from Turkmenistan!

YEOW!!!
*didn't work out for me.:(