PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Frozen in the PA Snow

Nick Ostrowski
03-04-2014, 03:30 PM
This snow and freezing temps can't go away soon enough. This is the slowest start to the year in a while.

Rick Cantrell
03-04-2014, 04:28 PM
This snow and freezing temps can't go away soon enough. This is the slowest start to the year in a while.
I know what you mean about it being cold. Today it did not get over 50 deg until almost 11:00. Burr :D

John Arnold
03-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Tell me about it. I decided to take this opportunity to get sick.

Nick Ostrowski
03-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Tell me about it. I decided to take this opportunity to get sick.

Good planning John. Might as well get it out of the way. Feel better.

Raymond Wand
03-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Everybody complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it! ;)

Billy Stephens
03-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Everybody complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it! ;)

Are you sure?

HAARP: Secret Weapon Used For Weather Modification, Electromagnetic Warfare | Global Research (http://www.globalresearch.ca/haarp-secret-weapon-used-for-weather-modification-electromagnetic-warfare/20407)

Ken Rowe
03-04-2014, 10:08 PM
We've had 50 days this winter of sub zero temps. The temp has risen above freezing 2 days since Dec. 15th. We've got waist deep snow on the ground and drifts up to the windows of the houses I've been inspecting and I'm been booked solid for the past 3 weeks.

Alton Darty
03-05-2014, 02:40 AM
My area is "ice-locked" right now. Interstate 55 pretty much from the Memphis/Arkansas bridge to the Missouri state line is shut down with thousands stranded, Interstate 40 through Arkansas is much more of the same. The Arkansas National Guard has been deployed to help those stuck on the interstates. State highways and city streets are as bad. We got heavy rains, followed by between 4-6" of freezing rain & sleet, followed by 2-3" of snow. Inspections cancelled due to no power, realtors are stuck in their own driveways and closed roads.
I spent some time delivering food, water and fuel to some that I could get to who were stranded near me, but I couldn't get to many because of conditions. I feel for those stranded, and for the folks attempting to help. Some of the Fire Department personnel here have been out in this mess since Sunday night with only short breaks to eat and warm up. FD, EMS crews, Law Enforcement, Highway crews and tow truck operators have been working around the clock since Sunday night, and things aren't getting better at a noticeable rate.

John Ghent
03-05-2014, 06:12 AM
We've had 50 days this winter of sub zero temps. The temp has risen above freezing 2 days since Dec. 15th. We've got waist deep snow on the ground and drifts up to the windows of the houses I've been inspecting and I'm been booked solid for the past 3 weeks.

And your point is? You live in Minnesota.

Nick Ostrowski
03-05-2014, 07:16 AM

You guys are used to it Ken. Here in PA, we get one winter where the biggest snow storm of the season is on Halloween day and the rest of the year was a little dusting here or there. This is year is the worst we've had in a while. People in Minnesota just accept it as part of everyday life. In PA, it drives people underground and the news channels make it sound like death is imminent if you venture outside your house.

Ken Rowe
03-05-2014, 07:43 AM
And your point is? You live in Minnesota.

You guys are used to it Ken.

No, not really. We typically have less than 25 days of below zero temps and usually have at least a couple weeks during the winter where the temps get above freezing, allowing some of the snow to melt. In the metro area its extremely odd to have snow on the ground over 15 inches deep.

Even with the extreme winter conditions we've had, it hasn't effected the housing market from what I see.

Nick Ostrowski
03-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Well the cold and snow has really squelched things around here.

John Dirks Jr
03-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Gotta love that global warming...:p

John Kogel
03-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Gotta love that global warming...:pI know it's a joke, but here is what is happening. The ocean is warming up.
There is a lot of water evaporating into the atmosphere. It has to come down somewhere. Better your side than mine. :D

Not. California could use a bit of that percip.

Bruce Low
03-10-2014, 06:08 AM
A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. Last Monday (3/3/14) it was -27 F when I left for an inspection in Sturgeon Bay (NE of Green Bay, WI). There was a silver lining......... No wind!

Bruce Low
Bottom Line Home Inspections
The Bottom Line - Through an Engineer's Eyes

Marshall Brown
03-10-2014, 06:55 AM
"People in Minnesota just accept it as part of everyday life"

But that doesn't mean we all enjoy it.

Billy Stephens
03-10-2014, 10:40 AM
"People in Minnesota just accept it as part of everyday life"

But that doesn't mean we all enjoy it.

Men-a-Soda not the end of the World But You can see it from there.:D:D

Mike Clarke
03-13-2014, 03:19 PM
A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. Last Monday (3/3/14) it was -27 F when I left for an inspection in Sturgeon Bay (NE of Green Bay, WI). There was a silver lining......... No wind!

Bruce Low
Bottom Line Home Inspections
The Bottom Line - Through an Engineer's Eyes

Been up that way many times during winter, My brother in-law lives in Sister Bay, Beautiful place.
just too cold for me to stay too long, but love the summer weather up there.

MC