PDA

View Full Version : I need tub stoppers

Marc M
04-01-2014, 11:27 PM
I guess PE sold to Grainger. So when I call to get tub stoppers they have no idea what I am talking about. Anyone know anyone else who sells them?

Garry Sorrells
04-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Interesting. Bought out name/business of small competitor, but not going to continue their product line. Go tell it to the mountain, look upper right corner on their web sight.

[+] Tell us what you think of the NEW Grainger.com >

Guess this is the way you may be going:
Shower pan testing stopper, make it yourself. - InterNACHI Inspection Forum (http://www.nachi.org/forum/f11/shower-pan-testing-stopper-make-yourself-61059/)

Hope someone may have a direct source for you.

Marc M
04-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Interesting. Bought out name/business of small competitor, but not going to continue their product line. Go tell it to the mountain, look upper right corner on their web sight.

[+] Tell us what you think of the NEW Grainger.com >

Guess this is the way you may be going:
Shower pan testing stopper, make it yourself. - InterNACHI Inspection Forum (http://www.nachi.org/forum/f11/shower-pan-testing-stopper-make-yourself-61059/)

Hope someone may have a direct source for you.

I saw that Gary, but thanks. I wasn't too sure how the silicone would stick to rubber and plastic so I made this..

Scott Patterson
04-03-2014, 06:02 AM
Marc, how did you make that?

Dwight Doane
04-07-2014, 04:57 AM
What a great idea , This is a small plunger (home depot or lowes) great for small sinks and as I refer to it "Knocking on drains" [a rapid smal movements on a clocked sink drain] works really well for sinks. So what he did is pull out the handle now you stick a cork in it if you want to plug it completely

Marc M
04-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Marc, how did you make that?

Hey Scott, DD had it right. Its a little plunger from Home depot and cut the top off to fit different pan heights. The plunger was $2.99..cheap!

Garry Sorrells
04-11-2014, 03:12 AM
Marc, :shocked:
You are giving away your chance for millions in the inspection and world. No real manufacturing just a little modification. Material cost at $2.99, Modification Labor Cost $ .25, Shipping and Handling $3.00, General Overhead and Marketing $ .50 = $ 5.74. Retail Pricing $ 19.99

Will be looking for you on the cable shopping channel. Maybe RONCO would be interested. :clap2:

Gunnar Alquist
04-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Marc,

That looks GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing. I have used the replacement plumbing roof flashing boots, but I think I'll try yours now.

Marc M
04-11-2014, 07:41 AM
To heck with manufacturing...I'll take a consulting fee for the advice tho... :)

Jerry Peck
04-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Years ago I used PVC shower pan cement, glued a1-1/2" PVC coupling to those flat 5" tub stoppers, then cut out the stopper material in the coupling hole - made good shower testers ... then the molded shower testers came out and there was no longer a need to make my own.

Marc M
04-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Years ago I used PVC shower pan cement, glued a1-1/2" PVC coupling to those flat 5" tub stoppers, then cut out the stopper material in the coupling hole - made good shower testers ... then the molded shower testers came out and there was no longer a need to make my own.

is it kind of like this?

Jerry Peck
04-26-2014, 06:03 AM
is it kind of like this?

That's the same principle, just different materials used.