PDA

View Full Version : Redneck roof job

Frank Bombardiere
04-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Thought you might get a kick out of this.

Rollie Meyers
04-17-2014, 09:26 PM
I assume that is a customer owned pole? But PoCo's do take issue w/ a sat dish being attached to their poles. Goofy is about the best thing I can say about that job.

Jerry Peck
04-18-2014, 05:29 AM
I suspect that it does not meet regulations ...

... you are referring to the grass court basketball court, right? :)

Regarding the electrical pole:
- How were the overhead service drop clearances? Probably okay.
- How was the electrical run from the pole to the house?
- - Down to, and underground? That would probably be okay (presuming that was done correctly).
- - From the pole to the house above ground? That would probably not be okay.

Raymond Wand
04-18-2014, 02:22 PM
What came first, the pole or the house? ;)

Jerry Peck
04-18-2014, 03:03 PM
What came first, the pole or the house? ;)

The pole.

They set the temporary pole too close to where the house was to be built. By the time they realized it was too close they were putting the walls up - so they decided it would easier and cheaper to use the pole as a permanent drop point than to remove the pole.

:D

Lon Henderson
04-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Sheesh, rednecks around here would have figured out a way to seal around the pole.

Jerry Peck
04-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Sheesh, rednecks around here would have figured out a way to seal around the pole.

Maybe they did ... but the cut up boat trailer tires kept falling down through the hole. At which time they had cut up all the boat trailer tires and had to hand carry the boat down to the water so they could go fishing while they contemplated what to try next ... then one of them caught some craw daddies and they called it a day. :)